Motorhome, Campervan Or Any Other Type Of Online Scam? (1 Viewer)

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello

My name is Claudette Hawkins, I am a researcher at the University of Leicester and I am carrying out research about online scams.

As part of my research, I would like to speak to people who have experienced any motor related scam or any other type of online scam.

If you want to find out more about this research then please email me at cdh11@leicester.ac.uk or call me on 07582501051.

Thank you

Claudette

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
Very true I could be, so please look me up online to validate I am a genuine researcher at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/media/people/Research-Students/claudette-hawkins .
Alternatively, you can contact one of my supervisors Professor Beck to check that I am a genuine researcher bna@le.ac.uk

Many thanks

Claudette
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/media/people/Research-Students/claudette-hawkins

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Very true I could be, so please look me up online to validate I am a genuine researcher at http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/media/people/Research-Students/claudette-hawkins .
Alternatively, you can contact one of my supervisors Professor Beck to check that I am a genuine researcher bna@le.ac.uk

Many thanks

Claudette
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/media/people/Research-Students/claudette-hawkins

Ok Claudette, I'm partly convinced, you certainly seem to be human anyway!! :giggler:

I expect some one on here has had a bad experience so you should get some response, just be aware they can be a cynical lot!! :think:

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello

Thanks for raising the issue and responding. I do understand and it is right to be cautious. I am a genuine researcher, so I am happy for anyone to verify my authenticity. I will take your advice on board, thank you.

Thanks
Claudette

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
The biggest scam is the government, they make me pay full road tax for a vehicle only used once or twice a week unless we are away>:)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
online forums.......now there's a scam.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hello

Thanks for raising the issue and responding. I do understand and it is right to be cautious. I am a genuine researcher, so I am happy for anyone to verify my authenticity. I will take your advice on board, thank you.

Thanks
Claudette
It's a personal hobby of mine to torture online scammers, or scam baiting as it is commonly known, what are you wanting?

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
It's a personal hobby of mine to torture online scammers, or scam baiting as it is commonly known, what are you wanting?

Hello Daniel, I have heard of scam baiting. I would like to speak to people who have been a victim of an online scam and who want to talk to them about their experiences. I'm not so much looking to speak to scam baiters, as I know this is a slightly different area of research. I am predominately looking to speak to people who have been defrauded online. If you know of anyone then please pass on my detailsto them, many thanks Claudette

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
That's very nice of her but will she have to pay the tenner :D
Claudette if you look up my posts you will see about a yr back I was posting about Ebay scammers every day for mths :LOL:
terry
Hello Terry, thanks for your response. I will have a look for this on your page. Many thanks Claudette

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I got scammed for a festival ticket 2 yrs ago. Stupidly paid the money into his bank account. Something told me it might have been dodgy but having just got the MH I was desperate for a MH ticket.
With the guys bank account name of F. Secker, I truly was an fn sucker.

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
I got scammed for a festival ticket 2 yrs ago. Stupidly paid the money into his bank account. Something told me it might have been dodgy but having just got the MH I was desperate for a MH ticket.
With the guys bank account name of F. Secker, I truly was an fn sucker.
I will message you thank you for responding Claudette

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I am involved with horses and ponies and there have been a lot of scams recently with regard to the sale of horse boxes and high value items like saddles. There has been a long running post on one of the equine forums.
I can point you in the right direction if this interests you.

OP
OP
Uniresearcher

Uniresearcher

Free Member
May 5, 2015
leicester
Funster No
MH
Don't own a motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am involved with horses and ponies and there have been a lot of scams recently with regard to the sale of horse boxes and high value items like saddles. There has been a long running post on one of the equine forums.
I can point you in the right direction if this interests you.
Hello Anne that would be lovely if you could point me in the right direction. I did post something on Horse and Hounds, but the forum moves too fast. I have heard of a few Facebook related horse scam groups, but I do not know any of the admin staff, if you could point me in the right direction that would be lovely. Many thanks Claudette

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hello Anne that would be lovely if you could point me in the right direction. I did post something on Horse and Hounds, but the forum moves too fast. I have heard of a few Facebook related horse scam groups, but I do not know any of the admin staff, if you could point me in the right direction that would be lovely. Many thanks Claudette
Sent you an email Claudette

davet

Free Member
Jan 14, 2015
Buckley
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hello

My name is Claudette Hawkins, I am a researcher at the University of Leicester and I am carrying out research about online scams.

As part of my research, I would like to speak to people who have experienced any motor related scam or any other type of online scam.

If you want to find out more about this research then please email me at cdh11@leicester.ac.uk or call me on 07582501051.

Thank you

Claudette
Look up buster jack blogspot on facebook he is the expert for finding motorhome scams

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
So I wonder what happened with this, or, has it all dropped down a large dark hole. o_O

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hello

Thank you

Claudette
Claudette, use the search facility on here and put in the words "is this a scam". It will return enough hits to keep you busy for a while! But you should be able to find folk who if not actually duped in the sense they lost money, there are a few who were tempted until they asked for comments here.

And talking of comments, ignore the " noises off" they are all part of this Forum. For example, I am visiting Wales at the moment and they charged me £6.50 to enter...:)

Oops, didn't notice the date. Being only November she probably isn't back at Uni yet. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back