Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The-Office.gif

...in exactly one week's time, seven days, 168 hours
I pick up my new [to me] motorhome :roflmto: !

I have been anticipating & planning & dreaming [and worrying] about this moment for years.
(I've been a member of MHF for over four :Eeek:...)

So now the moment is almost here :clap2:.

Broken Link Removed

She's a more mature lady but has everything I want (I think).
I am (re)assured that everything will be working properly when I pick her up - but I'm not sure if the years on this forum haven't not only built up the excitement but also scared a little of the bejezus out of me with all the things that might go wrong... bogged down in a field, plumbing, electrics & exploding tyres!!!

I am [unsuccessfully] trying not to buy stuff before I actually have her - watering can, mini hose, bedding, towels, cutlery, pans etc etc - oh, first thing on the pile - corkscrew!

Now - I have only one question [not true I have hundreds]
Where on earth do I go for the first trip :rofl:?

Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
Our first trip was to Suffolk for a few days, far enough to be a trip but close enough to get back easily if there was a problem. Sutton Hoo is very interesting, Orford with the castle and estuary is good. Lots of good camp sites which will not be too full this time of year.

We bought from Brownhills and they like all new customers to sleep over one night in their premises so you can solve any problems you find or ask if you have forgotten how to work anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I can feel your energy from here in Stamford, I will have to wait a little while longer before I get mine , took my tugger out at the weekend it's just that feeling of camping in your own wee private space (y)

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome and hello , your excitement can be felt all the way up here in Scotland , it reminds me of when I got my MH .May that excitement never always stay with you , I am sure it will . As for your first outing go where ever you feel comfortable , it's your adventure . When I first set out on my first trip , to Europe , my son asked me " what happens if you get lost ? " I replied " you can't get lost if you don't know where your going ". Go and enjoy .
PS. Hope we meet up sometime .

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our first night in the van was on the drive and first trip was to a show the following weekend, Newbury I think, as last minute we paid on the gate. Really useful going to as show, as loads of people around to help if any issues or need advice, you can browse how other people set things up, look at the stuff you have been thinking about buying and get that collection of tat off to a good start.

Exciting times, enjoy.

Upvote 0

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
The-Office.gif

...in exactly one week's time, seven days, 168 hours
I pick up my new [to me] motorhome :roflmto: !

I have been anticipating & planning & dreaming [and worrying] about this moment for years.
(I've been a member of MHF for over four :Eeek:...)

So now the moment is almost here :clap2:.

Broken Link Removed

She's a more mature lady but has everything I want (I think).
I am (re)assured that everything will be working properly when I pick her up - but I'm not sure if the years on this forum haven't not only built up the excitement but also scared a little of the bejezus out of me with all the things that might go wrong... bogged down in a field, plumbing, electrics & exploding tyres!!!

I am [unsuccessfully] trying not to buy stuff before I actually have her - watering can, mini hose, bedding, towels, cutlery, pans etc etc - oh, first thing on the pile - corkscrew!

Now - I have only one question [not true I have hundreds]
Where on earth do I go for the first trip :rofl:?

Are you a little excited ???? Great news enjoy wherever you go

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ooooo that's brilliant I can tell your not really excited :pinocchio:Don't forget all the things you have been looking at over the 4 years on fun, most of all enjoy it and let us know how you get on.:Smile:

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Wow! I'm excited for you! Felt exactly the same last September when we got ours and now just can't get enough of it! (Motorhoming that is!) and I'm STILL constantly on the look out for things I can buy for our baby!

Upvote 0

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Yay I'm excited for you too now! It's great isn't it. We got ours 2 weeks ago.

Have fun on your travels!
Denise

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yep I remember that feeling,:D You don't have to go far to enjoy your first trip, in fact even now a few years down the road a lot of the time for weekends we hardly go any distance at all(y)

Good luck in her and happy travels;)

Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
l felt exactly the way you do three years ago this month and like you had researched and saved for years beforehand. I love my van and the lifestyle it gives me and wish you the same. Have fun!

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Nice one, made me smile out loud :D:D and I am already happy enough on holiday

Get you and it up to the Fix it meet next month, we can mend things you didn't even know weren't working :):)

seriously have a great time (y)

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi:what a mover in that lift. I can still remember the excitement of that first trip in the van, you never forget it. Wish you all the best on your travels where ever the roads may take you (y)Give Newbury show a visit on the 15th may, always a good weekend :party2::wine::drink: Mew & Mick

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back