Le Shuttle Booked .. And Api Done On-line (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yip.. all booked up for a 3 week trip to France, July/Aug , going by Le Shuttle.. saved £45 with Tesco vouchers.. but have to pay £17 per dog per trip.. £68 extra :rolleyes:

Soon after paying I recieved an email to fill in the Advance Passenger Information or API form.. takes about 10 mins to complete.. passport number, DOB etc ..

Charlotte wants the sun and the beach.. so probably head down the Atlantic coast and revisit some old haunts we stayed when we were full time..

bring it on ... (y)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We're coming home for July/Aug. the weathers usually good then and the schools are on holiday so everyone else has gone away.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi
We are over there on our 1st trip abroad July/Aug, our 3rd trip in total. Not sure where to go yet but as we only have 2weeks we want to relax a bit too and not drive everyday. A beach would be nice as we both surf.
Looking forward to it.
Safe journey all.
Nik

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Soon after paying I recieved an email to fill in the Advance Passenger Information or API form.. takes about 10 mins to complete.. passport number, DOB etc ..
What's that for then? Didn't have to do it when I booked a while back ...

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds great, while we're in Cornwall this weekend getting rained on I've been looking at the prices myself, we've also got a couple of dogs to inflate the price, what's the situation with the dogs, I thought I've read that they have to visit a vet 24 hours before they return to UK, is that right? Just wondered how much money they'll try and extract for travelling with the hounds, although rabies is obviously a very serious issue and it's best to be checked

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
what's the situation with the dogs, I thought I've read that they have to visit a vet 24 hours before they return to UK, is that right?

You need a Pets Passport to travel.. ask your vet..
must be chipped and have a rabies vaccine .. must be done 3 weeks BEFORE travel..

on return they must have a tapeworm treatment by a French vet, 1 to 5 days before traveling back

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We filled in our api when we booked then got a phone call 2 days before we were travelling, asking us when we were going to fill in our api!
Anyway, the lady took all the details over the phone.
When we got to the tunnel, we expected a bit of a wait while everything was checked.
We showed our passports at the French border control, he looked at them, looked at us and waved us through.
That was it, didn't even check the gas was off because the girl would have to bend down and look underneath ( we have an onboard tank) and she didn't want to split her trousers!
Allan

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
On the same subject as Hossegor - Cap Breton is a goody too. Aire's pretty boring, though it has everything inc elec and wifi (but you have to pay extra for the latter) but it's just further along the same beach and shedloads of surfers.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Caravan Club advises not to try to register API online as they will recognise our email addy as it will only recognise the CC email addy.
Did ours over the phone.

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
5 weeks in July and August for us. Off the chunnel, turn right, put a couple of hundred miles behind me and then slack off and potter along the coast in a VERY lazy way. Might book into a private site with pools and stuff to have a bit of 'luxury' before the 2 week drive home.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are in France now and come over on a frequent traveller ticket, all our details ref passport etc already given to euro tunnel, got a fairly panic call from the day before we went, they seem to have a glitch where the details do not get transferred. The girl on the phone did say, there seem to be quite a few frequent travellers with same issues, it must be our system at fault, she sorted everything for us

Have a great time Jim :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're going around then. Outward tunnel 22 July and heading for Italy. If you see us come round for a brew (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back