Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Nice camper - the owner must be gutted.

Don't be a victim funsters trackers start at around £25...

Genuine GPS Tracker Magnetic Car Vehicle Spy Mini Personal Tracking Device TK102

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
The link for the tracker doesn't appear to work. Would be interested in one :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
This has to be a coincidence ; when was it stolen? because Wednesday afternoon I was having a cuppa outside in my Yard, when I was attracted to similar (colour/condition) VW camper being transported on a recovery Vehicle that passed my place. N524 Langon/Bazas 44.528069° 0.240199°
I repeat This has to be a coincidence

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Why bother with a tracker ? Who was it on here a few weeks back stating that he had got his van back (y) but was going to be without said van for anything up to 6 mths while repairs were done and once his van is returned it goes on the stolen recovered list knocking about 10 k off the resale value :(If the van had simply been stolen and never found they would have been paid out and back on the road with in 10 weeks with a camper worth the full value that they paid ;)
terry

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Why bother with a tracker ? Who was it on here a few weeks back stating that he had got his van back (y) but was going to be without said van for anything up to 6 mths while repairs were done and once his van is returned it goes on the stolen recovered list knocking about 10 k off the resale value :(If the van had simply been stolen and never found they would have been paid out and back on the road with in 10 weeks with a camper worth the full value that they paid ;)
terry

I think you are probably Right there. the big drawback is not getting back the really Personal stuff. Otherwise just make sure the Personal effect cover is sufficient to re-equip the next `van. Keep an inventory of exactly what is in the unit.

Pete

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Has anyone actually used one. It looks interesting? added it to my current watch list anyway.

Pete

Got one of these works great also bought the kit to hard wire it in.
For about £60 a bargain (y)

Our family can also track us so it's worth it for a bit of fun for the children/grandchildren.

Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
Has anyone actually used one. It looks interesting? added it to my current watch list anyway.

Pete
I also have once of these On the recommendation of someone on this site, it's a brilliant piece of kit,also have it hard wired

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have the Growler and the Non-Starter tracker from Van-Bitz. I found out the hard way how the Non-Starter works, but I won't say too much because I want to see the look on Eddie's face when I relate the story to him.

Brilliant bit of kit, especially when coupled with the 'Growler', which is if you like a Strikeback alarm but with real teeth, and it bites too and when it bites your ears bleed.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Got one of these works great also bought the kit to hard wire it in.
For about £60 a bargain (y)

Our family can also track us so it's worth it for a bit of fun for the children/grandchildren.

I also have once of these On the recommendation of someone on this site, it's a brilliant piece of kit,also have it hard wired

On the web site it seems to imply the use of Google map`s?

Pete

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Update:- Bought it`s "big Brother" for permanent installation and have just finished fitting it. It is quite sophisticated too not only can I see it parked on my driveway .on my Smart phone! (well next doors actually, it`s accurate to about 50ft) It has a remote immobilisation feature, A Panic alarm and can monitor cab conversation if you wanted too.!!!. It will send me a text if moved more than a set distance. We will see how it pans out over time!.

Pete

Deleted User
Any idea of the monthly running costs.
thanks

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I used to own a camper van prior to my upgrade to some luxury, and was part of the VW scene and an avid reader of the VW mags & forums.
DSCN1925.JPG

DSCN1897.JPG

Theft of VW campers is well documented along with what precautions can be taken/bought to help avoid it.
It never ceases to amaze me that some owners would spend hard earned cash on their pride and joy but fail to take adequate security measures against it getting nicked.
It takes less than a minute to get into a VW Baywindow and an equal amount of time to bypass using an ignition key. It's 1960/70's technology.
I feel for the owner, but for the sake of a wheel lock or a cheap GSM tracker they might still have had it.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Update:- Bought it`s "big Brother" for permanent installation and have just finished fitting it. It is quite sophisticated too not only can I see it parked on my driveway .on my Smart phone! (well next doors actually, it`s accurate to about 50ft) It has a remote immobilisation feature, A Panic alarm and can monitor cab conversation if you wanted too.!!!. It will send me a text if moved more than a set distance. We will see how it pans out over time!.

Pete

I'm interested to know what it's big brother is? Do you have a link? Presumably you use a PAYG sim card, how much do you have to pay to keep it active?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the simple gprs trackers without immobiliser functions are the same as hiding an old mobile phone in the van. much prefer the more intelligent version which is not that much more expensive

the simple version is great to hide in a laptop bag etc

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Any idea of the monthly running costs.
thanks
The only costs are the phone costs. PAYG might be only £5 a month but it depends on the cost of texts as it will potentially send you a text every time you get in and out of the MH unless you send it a message to switch off before you get in. It depends on the settings of course. A monthly contract might be best but that will be around £10 a month.

And of course the baddies can still legally buy mobile phone jammers for not a lot of money here in the UK so don't assume you will be safe with one of these little devices.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the simple gprs trackers without immobiliser functions are the same as hiding an old mobile phone in the van. much prefer the more intelligent version which is not that much more expensive

the simple version is great to hide in a laptop bag etc
But what am i going to immobilise ?

I have a caravan. :LOL:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
The only costs are the phone costs. PAYG might be only £5 a month but it depends on the cost of texts as it will potentially send you a text every time you get in and out of the MH unless you send it a message to switch off before you get in. It depends on the settings of course. A monthly contract might be best but that will be around £10 a month.

And of course the baddies can still legally buy mobile phone jammers for not a lot of money here in the UK so don't assume you will be safe with one of these little devices.
Sim package 2000 texts £5 a month

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just bought this one inc hardwire kit.
And back it goes.......

Why do i never read reviews first instead of after buying.

The reviews could have been written by me.
wont turn off using on/off button.
doesnt respond to sms messages.
doesnt actually do anything.

Refund on its way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread