German Gas Fittings - My Options With Truma Duocontrol (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Hi there,

On my new MH I have a truma DuoControl setup with Secumotion.

I'd like to get some ideas and advice about the best way to proceed from the start (get it 'right' first time as it were).

I'm considering Gaslow / Gasit systems. From my limited knowledge, it would appear that if I bought this washer:

Broken Link Removed

Then I can go straight to Gaslow system and all I will need are 2 bottles of gas, am I right, or will I still need the whole kit (or just the filler kit) as I assume that the DuoControl regulators are essentially the same kinda thing.

Furthermore, will I still be able to use the DuoControl panel inside which allows me to monitor the bottles / how much gas is left etc..?

I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest way forwards as whilst not breaking the bank, if it's going to cost £460+ for a total system install, I might just be better getting a couple of these:

Broken Link Removed

And use existing gas tanks I already have.

Finally - safety. I've always turned gas off before driving; however, the dealer told me that with the Secumotion, gas can be used on the move (for heating etc...) Is this correct?

Help is appreciated - thanks.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Hiya just bumping this up in case anyone missed it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The German/Polish gas cylinders (Gaslow/Stako/Gast-it) use the same connection as a UK Butane cylinder, if you are using UK propane you just need to change the pigtails to the regulator.
The adaptor in your 2nd link is to enable you to connect a UK proane cylinder to a Butane pigtail.
The DUO C panel inside the van only shows you which cylinder is in operation, it will not be effected by replacing the cylinders and will still work. If you buy 4 hole bottles you can fit a remote LED level display.
The Secumotion can be used with the gas on when traveling providing you have the anti rupture hoses or cylinders with it built in.
It is dangerous & ilegal to refill exchange cylinders as they do not have an 80% cut off valve, this allows for expansion of the gas in hot weather.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Thanks guys - I may just go for a cheap Calor gas or similar with new pigtails.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks guys - I may just go for a cheap Calor gas or similar with new pigtails.
Depends how much gas you use and where you are going. Using Autogas costs about half as much as Calor charge. Soon recoup the cost of Gasit tank(s) if you use lots of gas. And if you are planning to spend much time in Europe then refillable is the easiest way to go, because you won't get Calorthere.

I bought a Gasit single cylinder and necessary fittings for about £180 and it was very easy to fit myself. I put the fill up point in the gas locker to make it easier. I kept one of my Calor tanks as a backup but it has not been used since. I have a Secumotion but have a manual change over system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
We won't be doing more than 30 days a year. Running fridge, occasional heating and cooking, so not much really.

But I do like the idea of twin alugas tanks (or similar), if it wasn't for the price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back