Smile If You've Got A Petrol Engine (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I care?? You only have/get so much money, so you decide how to eke it out, and the end losers are then the businesses that don't sell their stuff anymore, and the same government taxing fuel, that now loses out on the tax on the stuff you don't buy anymore. So it's just a matter of prioritising......(y)(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yessss... and the road transport lobby is toothless and will stand by and let it happen ??????

Consider this.. if the planned massive ( ?? ) hike goes ahead every single thing you buy will be upped in price due to transport costs.. The govt ( who ever is in power ) is not gonna like that cos it is gonna REALLY mess up the inflation figures

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If they really hammer diesel cars then I think it will hammer the car industry.

People will hang on to their cars because of the depreciation factor.

They really need to think this through very carefully this time.

Highwayman1

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autohomes
Exp
Since 1980 on & off
We really are the `mugs` of Europe aren`t we ? Given all that we, as a nation, have implemented to comply with EU legislation, it is sad that the likes of so many nations in the EU have stuck their middle fingers up to things that don`t suit them or will upset the population or cost them money. Which nations have achieved their targets ?
Now lets see what our Govt has stood up for shall we ? Oh yeah - denying prisoners the right to vote is one and err - come on ..... help me out

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> But while diesel cars create fewer CO2 emissions, they emit significantly more
>> deadly pollutants, including up to four times as much NO2.

Typical of letting the lunatics take over the asylum. Let the numpties in power make technical regs and they always screw up.

Low energy lightbulbs is another.

Electric cars.

Wind Turbines.

It's a long list.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We could charge all the foreign lorries coming into our country (and there are HUNDREDS EVERY DAY), polluting our air, using our worn out roads and this wouldn't cost US a penny.
Vote UKIP and get a little bit of our country back.

Cheers Antony

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We could charge all the foreign lorries coming into our country (and there are HUNDREDS EVERY DAY), polluting our air, using our worn out roads and this wouldn't cost US a penny.
Vote UKIP and get a little bit of our country back.

Cheers Antony

I think you will find that that is already in place.(y)

>> But while diesel cars create fewer CO2 emissions, they emit significantly more
>> deadly pollutants, including up to four times as much NO2.

Typical of letting the lunatics take over the asylum. Let the numpties in power make technical regs and they always screw up.

Low energy lightbulbs is another.

Electric cars.

Wind Turbines.

It's a long list.

On some forums I use there are a couple of people who advise EU committee´s on aspects to do with vehicles. One said that some members are so breathtakingly naive & completely lacking in any knowledge of the committee that they are on ,that they can be guaranteed to vote for whatever the outcome that is required . He said that they just do not have the logic or wherewithal to take in any form of discussion on the subject whatsoever.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We really are the `mugs` of Europe aren`t we ? Given all that we, as a nation, have implemented to comply with EU legislation, it is sad that the likes of so many nations in the EU have stuck their middle fingers up to things that don`t suit them or will upset the population or cost them money. Which nations have achieved their targets ?
Now lets see what our Govt has stood up for shall we ? Oh yeah - denying prisoners the right to vote is one and err - come on ..... help me out
Beat me to it.
If this is a EU thing how is it that diesel is cheaper than petrol over there

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Organise the putting of pollution monitors in a place that isn't in London, by a set of traffic lights where the jams occur somewhere like Herefordshire and ergo problem solved no pollution problem. My Motorhome does not pollute a lot as it only goes occasionally then it is on open road until I get where I am going preferably miles from any poxy city environment. We just have a problem in that we have a small island with loads of people crammed into small areas so it is bound to be concentrated in hotspots.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
So everyone buys petrol engines and the CO2 levels go sky high:doh:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
So everyone buys petrol engines and the CO2 levels go sky high:doh:

Then the green idiots complain to the EU courts...
Then the EU courts rule UK must control it....
UK govt "controls" it by imposing daft taxes.......
Petrol users buy deisel cars...

Then someone writes another book.
"Catch 22 Revisited"

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have got a petrol van. so good for me. but for how long. but how can they charge more for petrol in the euro. mind you it wont be long before petrol goes up. it is already creeping up again.

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Changed my Ml 350 diesel for a A250 AMG merc for exactly this reason, saving a fortune and the AMG is way faster then a fat 4x4

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
If they really hammer diesel cars then I think it will hammer the car industry.

People will hang on to their cars because of the depreciation factor.

They really need to think this through very carefully this time.

True Chris, very true but we both know that they won't!(n)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Organise the putting of pollution monitors in a place that isn't in London, by a set of traffic lights where the jams occur somewhere like Herefordshire and ergo problem solved no pollution problem. My Motorhome does not pollute a lot as it only goes occasionally then it is on open road until I get where I am going preferably miles from any poxy city environment. We just have a problem in that we have a small island with loads of people crammed into small areas so it is bound to be concentrated in hotspots.

You mean you know a politician who can think outside the LONDON freaking box.............:D
Names please he/she/it would get my vote.:sneaky:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I think you will find that that is already in place.(y)

On some forums I use there are a couple of people who advise EU committee´s on aspects to do with vehicles. One said that some members are so breathtakingly naive & completely lacking in any knowledge of the committee that they are on ,that they can be guaranteed to vote for whatever the outcome that is required . He said that they just do not have the logic or wherewithal to take in any form of discussion on the subject whatsoever.

Errr, Gus you're talking about the EU as a whole surely?(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back