Well Hello! Should I Subscribe??? (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Just popped over from another long-running and nameless forum as it's all getting a bit too febrile for my delicate sensibilities over there. I miss the good 'ole days when it was run by one of 'us', as it were.
Hey ho - things change, and it looks to me like you Funsters are still in the right spirit of things. I'm a seasoned and tough-as-old-boots solo female motorhomer, presently running a Murvi Morello. Ex-Canadian, been in your loverly country over 20 years now. Still in full time work but planning to take a year off come December to bum around southern Europe and possibly Morocco.
So should I cough up a tenner and join your illustrious ranks? Would you even condescend to have me?:angel:

Jacsprat

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Give it a go what have you got to loose except a tenner, what have you got to gain, have a read of our Morocco thread if your planning on going there worth every penny. Solo lady have a look at our solo meets lots of solo lady's anf gents on Fun. Fancy a rally and. Laugh Fun's for you come on into the light, Welcome aboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It isn't the £10 ... have you had all your jabs? There are lots of different funsters and I can't say for sure are 'safe' and which are infectious! :LOL::D

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jacsprat. :)

Welcome to FUN. :)
Most of us on here have been (some still are) where you are referring to, and many of us would still be there, if it was run properly, ie, for the members and not for the revenue grabbing owners. :(
You won't regret subscribing here, as we are all a friendly bunch. That's part of the attraction for new members.

Hope to see you either at a meet, or on the road during your travels. (y)

Jock & Rita. :)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
:active: Why not?

There are some really good people on here.
And if you stumble across anyone you do not want to hear from you can block them! :whistle2:

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi Jacsprat. :)

Welcome to FUN. :)
Most of us on here have been (some still are) where you are referring to, and many of us would still be there, if it was run properly, ie, for the members and not for the revenue grabbing owners. :(
You won't regret subscribing here, as we are all a friendly bunch. That's part of the attraction for new members.

Hope to see you either at a meet, or on the road during your travels. (y)

Ahhh, Jock and Rita!! I remember you from the other forum way back when I first signed up (back in 2006, methinks). Well, if it's good enough for you, it's definitely good enough for me!! Now where's that credit card?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You will make your mind up eventually I expect(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ah-ha ... I see you've secumbed! You won't regret it ... yet! ;) :ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ahhh, Jock and Rita!! I remember you from the other forum way back when I first signed up (back in 2006, methinks). Well, if it's good enough for you, it's definitely good enough for me!! Now where's that credit card?
Nice one JS (y)
Yes, that was some time ago, and we have only recently let our subs lapse on Facts due to the roughshod way the new management have treated their subscribers. Grrrrrrr

Rita and I have been here since day one, and really enjoy the friendliness and participation of it all, both online and at meets and rallies.

You won't go far wrong. ;)

Welcome aboard. (y)

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Wayhey!!!! I'm a FUNSTER!
You're a very convincing bunch - thanks very much for helping me to prise my wallet open. Minxy, I'll get my jabs tomorrow just in case I decide to attend a rally-better safe than...! Looking forward to chatting properly with you all soon.
Jac

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Nice one JP. (y)
Yes, that was some time ago, and we have only recently let our subs lapse on Facts due to the roughshod way the new management have treated their subscribers. Grrrrrrr

Rita and I have been here since day one, and really enjoy the friendliness and participation of it all, both online and at meets and rallies.

You won't go far wrong. ;)

Welcome aboard. (y)

Thanks J & R,
Yes, poor old Facts is probably in the throes of death. Some members are presently cannibalising it with nastiness as well. Very boring and very sad. So many great people still there and I will continue to check in, but it's a bit depressing at the moment. I desperately need some LIGHTNESS to help get me through the last months of work before my gap year travels. YAY FUN!!
Feeling MUCH better now!!
Jac

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jacquie, welcome to the Fun (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and welcome from Devon

See you know you wanted to ! :)

animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome from another Murvi owner and I hope you've subscribed to join the Murvi Owners Club as well! The recent rally to Cornwall we had was good fun. :)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jacsprat, welcome to MotorhomeFun.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Think I am confused
have we got 2 Jacsprats ? :confused:
Welcome to fun if you have just arrived lol
:welc:
Sue

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Good morning! Isn't this a nice bunch to wake up to. Hello you all and thanks for the big welcome - the Grand Fromage as well! - hello Jim.
Baldeagle - I feel for you, married to a Canuck. Bonjour!
Devonbeekeeper - I've seen your handle before. I am indeed with the Murviclub and attended the last AGM. Love those guys!
Gloworm - I may have lurked here before, but I don't remember! Maybe there is an imposter...maybe I'M the imposter.

Happy Bank Holiday. Let the rain commence!!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I think the great thing is you can be an all out funster complete with a sticker, flag pole and your name in big letters on the dashboard and attend rally's and meets etc ( definitely not for me) or you can be a discrete funster and just participate in threads and information sharing without having to ging gang gooly round the campfire as it were, and be happy with your own company. The choice is yours and no one will criticise the way you want do do your own particular thing. Either way it is a great way to share information and ideas with like minded people and participate to the level you choose when you choose. So I would say join, see how you go for a year and continue or not when you have given things a fair trial.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So should I cough up a tenner and join your illustrious ranks? Would you even condescend to have me?:angel:

Jacsprat

Some say that Jim will have anyone for a tenner and that he charged Faust so much more for the secret of revered polarity.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Hi Jac, I left Facts in the early years when money reared its ugly head without thebenefits that Fun gives you access to:) Welcome to our FUN MOONYAH GUMBUYA(y)

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Well, forums are all about their contributors but the occasional spat between members over there is now being allowed to degenerate into some very ugly lows. There seems to be little if no moderation and it's clear that self-policing is not working. Very difficult to ignore it when every second post is a violent diatribe against another member- and this has been going on for WEEKS. Silly little boys. I'm in no way FOR excessive moderation (I'm on another forum that is so saccharin that it makes my teeth hurt - very boring!), but when it starts to drag down the whole forum, someone has to step in. It ain't being done over there and it makes me sad and frustrated. Our wonderful input and terrific resources are completely undermined as ugliness eats away at the atmosphere and drives newcomers away. Well, I'm moving on so the less said, the faster the transition will be complete. I hope we can get some more of the well-meaning, decent and valuable contributors over here. I dread to think about some of the others ending up here though:unsure:. Jim, take note: no mercy for mudslingers!!
Jac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back