Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been in Amsterdam for 2 days leaving tomorrow gonna head straight for Dresden and miss Berlin as the weathers too cold.
Amsterdam City Camp ideal for visiting the city 10 minute walk to a free ferry that drops you in the centre even ride your bike on.
Enjoyed Amsterdam nice relaxed city not too big. Red light district had us in stitches Jan mostly laughing at the look on my face.
Bloody hell some strange looking buggers in those windows especially the ones with blue lights.
Anyway drive around tomorrow to look at a few windmills n tulips then hit the road.
See you soon

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sounds nice, we used that campsite, Dresden is Awesome. great on a bike too. You might as well carry on down to Prague whilst your out that way Rory, and don't forget to call in at Colditz too.... that's awesome.(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rory & Jan

Glad to see that you are both enjoying yourselves. Have a great time in Germany. (y)
We are heading back there in September. :)

Stay safe,

Jock & Rita. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
sounds nice, we used that campsite, Dresden is Awesome. great on a bike too. You might as well carry on down to Prague whilst your out that way Rory, and don't forget to call in at Colditz too.... that's awesome.(y)

Yeah Prague is on our list and Vienna if the weather's good if not straight on to Italy.
Colditz ah ha is that close by never thought of that.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
certainly not too far for a traveler like you from Dresden. It really is worth a stop, chilling place with an aire in the village.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Good tip about the City Camp there Forestboy - thanks. We were at Camping Amsterdamse Bos until Tuesday and whilst it's a good site, the journey by public transport into the city centre and back is a bit ponderous.

If you want tulips, a mere bulb's throw from the glorious Keukenhof Gardens is a long straight lane with tarmac pull-ins that goes right among the bulb fields. It's between Halfweg and De Zilk and is called Leidsevaart. You can stop overnight for free along that lane - loads of MHs down there on Tuesday night, including ours. This was the view from our side window:

Broken Link Removed

I've told the wife to never complain again that I don't give her flowers. She had about 80 million of the buggers on Tuesday evening.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
certainly not too far for a traveler like you from Dresden. It really is worth a stop, chilling place with an aire in the village.

Good tip about the City Camp there Forestboy - thanks. We were at Camping Amsterdamse Bos until Tuesday and whilst it's a good site, the journey by public transport into the city centre and back is a bit ponderous.

If you want tulips, a mere bulb's throw from the glorious Keukenhof Gardens is a long straight lane with tarmac pull-ins that goes right among the bulb fields. It's between Halfweg and De Zilk and is called Leidsevaart. You can stop overnight for free along that lane - loads of MHs down there on Tuesday night, including ours. This was the view from our side window:

Broken Link Removed

I've told the wife to never complain again that I don't give her flowers. She had about 80 million of the buggers on Tuesday evening.

Thanks Guys

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks for that Magicsurfbus I wonder if you have the coords for that spot we hope to be going there in April.

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Used to go down that way 38 years ago in my truck every week, driving from Ijmuiden to the Hague, picking up fish then down to Zeebrugh for ferry to Dover and up to Billingsgate market in London 3 times in 2 weeks. Took fish from London (from Scotland ) to Holland.
Still looks the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back