DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have been using the SwiftKey keyboard app on my Android tablet for a while but unlike a PC there are no Alt codes for things like the euro symbol. A bit of Googling found the answer - install say the Spanish language to the keyboard and then all those foreign symbols and letters become easily available. For example press and hold the £ symbol and you can then choose the € instead if you want. It is the same for other letters such as é - just press and hold.

To add a language go to the list of apps (not the one in settings) and tap on the SwiftKey symbol then tap on Languages and then select the language.

It isn't perfect - this thread title should have capitals at the start of each word but when I add them they dissappear when I post it - but that might be a forum software glitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: BwB

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I think it does that anyway, without installing additional languages - long press to get extra characters.

Great app :)

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You must have these languages already installed I think. The only extra "e" I can get with a long press is é. To get an e with a "grave" accent I would have to install French I believe. Will give it a go later. .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back