Bellavista Camping Mainilva Spain (1 Viewer)

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
has anyone been to this fairly new campsite? Latest reviews not great and say it's getting a bit tatty
But it's right on the beach and we've just booked for Christmas! Anyone been recently?

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Now a few of the trees have grown it is a bit less barren looking. The beach is not great and there is a lot of traffic noise from the A7/N340.
It's not been open that long and the underground facilities were all brand new, so I can't imagine it's had time to get too tatty.
Some good bars and restaurants within walking distance.

:cooler:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes quite a few of us funsters have been there, we had a rally there last year on the way home from Morocco, because there were funsters there we had a good time, though if we were solo would only stay a few days, it is on the beach but was very windy all the time we were there.
It is nice for a few days but I would not think for a longer stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gin Palace

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Thank you guys! which area of the site is nicest pitch nos or is it all much the same?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Though the pitches by the sea are nice, they are the windy ones. By the top by the gate there is the road so think I would go for the middle, the pitches are nicely laid out. When travelling down have a look at Cabopino not every ones cup of tea, but to me it has character just across from a good beach and a bus ride into Marbella.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Cabopino beach can be very entertaining with the boys flashing their wares :moon2::moon2::rofl::rofl: the site is a bit tatty and other than the beach not a great deal close by.

LaBellaVista on Spanish site standards is good with a handy seafront location and decent spacious hs serviced pitches and bars and a few shops in walking distance.
Probably wise to book ahead.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As Carol has said... A group of us stayed for 3 weeks back in March 2014 and had a great time... !!! I think I am still recovering..
However, without a good crowd I would only want to do a short stay.
Not stayed there since so cant give a current update..

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We had a couple of nights there in January 2014 on way into Morocco
It's a very nice site good facility's shop bar and restaurant
and very clean
Good pitches water and grey waste on pitch
But I felt it was a bit dead no atmosphere
Plus background noise of main road

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We stayed for about a month in Feb. Windy, yes but lovely when it does die down. Great location and only a bus-ride to Gibraltar (via La Linea birder bhst station). I would recommend it. (We were also part of the crazy Funster gang that rallied there last year!!)
My only personal concern was that the toilet cubicles are totally enclosed with locks that I prayed would not stick. Yep! I am claustrophobic!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My only personal concern was that the toilet cubicles are totally enclosed with locks that I prayed would not stick. Yep! I am claustrophobic!

What about the lights that are on about a 30 second timer !!! By the time you have sat and decided what to do it goes black, and the re-set switch is a way off if you have short arms... :rofl:
Strange we never had an invite back ?? We must have been to much for them !!!

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
What about the lights that are on about a 30 second timer !!! By the time you have sat and decided what to do it goes black, and the re-set switch is a way off if you have short arms... :rofl:
Strange we never had an invite back ?? We must have been to much for them !!!

Yes, Tonks,yes. How could I forget about that stupidity? I also recall that when I told Rudi and his head Maintenance guy, they both agreed, shrugged their shoulders and then carried on regardless.
(By the way, Rudi was still moaning abiut how much money he lost during our stay

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
(By the way, Rudi was still moaning abiut how much money he lost during our stay

YEA RIGHT,,, I bet that bar never took so much cash !!! and his "happy hour" prices weren't that happy....
Happy days...... Someone had better arrange for next year and invite me. !!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Looked at using the site again for the "get-together" prior to the Morocco 2015 crossing. They wanted €26 per night! Now it's quite a nice site, but the one we used (at Estepona) was half that. Bit pricey methinks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back