General Parking (renault Auto Sleeper) (1 Viewer)

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi all,

I have just searched for general parking and did not get any suitable results. Apologies if there is a thread already but I have just joined and cannot find it?

My question is having recently bought my first campervan (Renault trafic in avatar) I wondered if this was something that might get turned away from tourist car parks? It is not very big, just the same as a transit but having never driven one before it is not something I had ever really thought about or taken much notice of the size of parking bays?

Does anyone else have a camper that is a similar size and could tell me how you find parking?
We are going away for the first time this weekend just for a tester night but having never tried to park anything like this before I just wondered if I would get in to carparks without much hassle or whether I should be researching where to park beforehand ?

Thank you for any help in advance

James

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
GJH's website should go a long way towards explaining the rules about parking motorhomes to you.

As for the practicality, however, I can tell you that our beloved trafic, Charlotte, will fit entirely into what passes as a "standard" car park space around here. Watch out for height restriction barriers as you get used to being in something taller than a car and be prepared for a bit of a struggle with the steering. Other than that, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Oh, one more thing... Drive-through spaces and the ends of rows are usually a bit easier to get in and out of, I find, so keep your eyes out for them :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Do not have one, but would imagine that you will have no problem, great for days out as well as holidays, often see them in the car parks of Nationl Trust places, beach side car parks and the like,

Go explore and enjoy yourself

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
GJH's website should go a long way towards explaining the rules about parking motorhomes to you.

As for the practicality, however, I can tell you that our beloved trafic, Charlotte, will fit entirely into what passes as a "standard" car park space around here. Watch out for height restriction barriers as you get used to being in something taller than a car and be prepared for a bit of a struggle with the steering. Other than that, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Oh, one more thing... Drive-through spaces and the ends of rows are usually a bit easier to get in and out of, I find, so keep your eyes out for them :)

Thank you CandC, that's all I wanted to hear as when you don't have a camper, you just don't notice where they are parked and the size of bays in various car parks. I guess I will get used to this but great to hear I should be okay.

What model is Charlotte? I am having a little trouble working out the right way to put out the bed and also do you have a hook up? If not where do you bring the wire through once on site?

Many thanks
James

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Do not have one, but would imagine that you will have no problem, great for days out as well as holidays, often see them in the car parks of Nationl Trust places, beach side car parks and the like,

Go explore and enjoy yourself

That's good to hear, thank you trekkin

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi

Measure the height of your van and put the measurement on the reverse side of your sun visor - length and width as well if you are worried
(y)

Renault Trafic..............good choice... and welcome!

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Hi

Measure the height of your van and put the measurement on the reverse side of your sun visor - length and width as well if you are worried
(y)

Renault Trafic..............good choice... and welcome!

Thanks Basher, great idea will do that today.

Very happy with our choice, just need to finish putting our mark on the interior and then just look forward to many happy trips :)

Upvote 0

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Thank you CandC, that's all I wanted to hear as when you don't have a camper, you just don't notice where they are parked and the size of bays in various car parks. I guess I will get used to this but great to hear I should be okay.

What model is Charlotte? I am having a little trouble working out the right way to put out the bed and also do you have a hook up? If not where do you bring the wire through once on site?

Many thanks
James
Glad to be of help James. Charlotte is a slightly different model to your Derek... I can't quite decide if she is an rcx or a rimini. Whichever she is, the toilet/shower room is on the passenger side in the back corner just behind the mini wardrobe which is just behind the fridge, electric control panel etc. There's a battery charger under the fridge too.

There is indeed an ehu point, although it took me a while to find it too! At first, I thought it was a vent cover or something until I noticed that it was actually a cunningly disguised flap right at the very back of the passenger side, just above bumper height. I couldn't see anything similar on your profile picture so maybe it's on the other side? If I can manage it, ill upload a couple of pics for you. Oh and yes, Charlotte nbeeds a wash!

Pfft, been a long day! Sorry no photo... Look for a vertical white plastic bit about 6" high, 3" wide, almost flush with the bodywork. Mine has got "16A/240~" moulded into the bottom right corner of it.

Good luck finding it,
Colin.
Ooh maybe the pics will work after all....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jim&jo

Jim&jo

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Renault trafic t1000
Exp
Glad to be of help James. Charlotte is a slightly different model to your Derek... I can't quite decide if she is an rcx or a rimini. Whichever she is, the toilet/shower room is on the passenger side in the back corner just behind the mini wardrobe which is just behind the fridge, electric control panel etc. There's a battery charger under the fridge too.

There is indeed an ehu point, although it took me a while to find it too! At first, I thought it was a vent cover or something until I noticed that it was actually a cunningly disguised flap right at the very back of the passenger side, just above bumper height. I couldn't see anything similar on your profile picture so maybe it's on the other side? If I can manage it, ill upload a couple of pics for you. Oh and yes, Charlotte nbeeds a wash!

Pfft, been a long day! Sorry no photo... Look for a vertical white plastic bit about 6" high, 3" wide, almost flush with the bodywork. Mine has got "16A/240~" moulded into the bottom right corner of it.

Good luck finding it,
Colin.
Ooh maybe the pics will work after all....

Thank you Colin

No, just looked and we don't have a hook up like yours but will double check all around the van in the morning and work out where it can go through.

You've got a shower/toilet? you're posh!haha we just open the roof hatch and hope it rains

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back