Could This Be The End Of Generators. (2 Viewers)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Loads of these perpetual motion machines on youtube, all scams in my opinion as is this one. :LOL: Amazing the amount of time people put into building them though.

Ian

Deleted User
Perpetual motion does not exist, energy is transformed from one form to another, these machines minimise the losses involved but eventually the initial energy source, magnetism in this case I think, will run out.

Powerful magnets do not appear magically from nowhere they are manufactured using energy.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Loads of UK dealers think that they have invented perpetual motion. Well, they install inverters on the incoming main 220VAC line (hook up) which powers everything when turned on! Even the mains charger :Eeek:

The inverter drains the 12 VDC batteries, the charger works harder to charge the batteries, drawing more from the inverter, which draws more from the batteries, which draw more from the charger...........

Well you see the problem lol

Every action has an opposite or equal reaction! Perpetual motion cannot exist in the Universe in the way that we believe it functions.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know it does look like its to good to be true, but I have seen some weird and wonderful things in remote parts of the world that defy normal thinking. Dont forget there is also a school of thought that says that big business would not really like something like this to get out as it would not be in there interests.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Oh ye of little faith --using Old Mo's Osculating central fugal magnets I have googled it and they work just as in video (y) with a slight drawback that once in motion they keep accelerating until destruction :D hence in the video he attaches something to control revs --bound to be a funster that makes one just for fun :rolleyes::D
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
My guess too
And you beat me !

Accomplish switches on power at appropriate moment.

It would be wonderful if true and there is a tiny chance someone will stumble on harnessing dark energy but this is a junk box exercise to catch the vulnerable.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Basic motor principle, you need a static and a controllable magnetic force to generate a rotaing magnetic field. This rotating field in term reacts with the static magnetic field to cause rotation. It is not possible with two static magnetic fields and not possible to control a magnetic field without inputting energy

Nice safety shoes.....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Will they ever get there?

I think they have but it's some super cooled zero resistance conductor, once a current flows it never stops.

But totally useless. The holy grail is not perpetual motion, but perpetual extracted energy we need.

The solar system is pretty close to perpetual motion. We can farm that with wave generators but so far we've failed to take it seriously.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oh ye of little faith. As was once said to me by an old guy that used to buy MOT failures from me in Malta "You in the UK throw things away before they are half worn out". I know there is no such thing as perpetual motion, but am sure we will find alternative energy that we have not discovered as yet. There are places like Cern where things are being tested and tried that we can only dream about.
There are still people alive on the planet that were born before flight.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ahah, very strong magnets eh. My semi tame boffin who on his last visit to Cern was telling me of just such a thing that they had there. They had to invent the magnet as part of they black hole experiments.
Now just think for one moment, would the energy suppliers allow such a thing to exist that would produce electricity freely. Am sure the patents would be bought up immediately and locked away in a more secure place than Old Mos diaries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back