Are we there yet? (1 Viewer)

scotsy

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Funster No
Ian and Margaret with Bailey the dog have joined the forum recently (but today is my 1 st 'posting' day).

We are heading to Keswick (castlerigg farm) on Friday evening for our first weekend 'away' in the MH:Smile: so if you see a Hymer stuck on the grass at an impossible angle..

that'll be us:ROFLMAO:

We've done a bit of caravanning in the past (when the 'kids' were young) but we'd never even been inside a MH until a few weeks ago.

As we only tried to book there this week all of their 'EHU' pitches were taken so we are totally reliant on the 12v system and the 1 x leisure battery:whatthe:

We are also planning to do some 'gentle' walking while out in the countryside, nothing too strenuos at first as we are 'townies' who are not really used to 'walking' everywhere:winky:

Margaret runs a 'TU' department at a Sainsbury's store so we will only be using the MH on a fortnightly basis (but we are going away in it at end the of April for 1 week ::bigsmile:)

I'm Ian and I'm a Conservatory Installer and keen motorcyclist, I will probably be doing my rideouts 'fortnightly' as well now:thumb:

Our dog is Bailey who is 4yrs old and overweight!!! (but he was like that when we got him 18months ago) He is a male 'black and tan' Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who was 'humping' everything when we got him:Sad:, we gave him 6 weeks to settle in but to no avail so we reluctantly had him 'doctored':Eeek:. He's a cheeky chap and a real character:thumb:

Our motorhome is a year 2000 Hymer B584 in excellent condition which is a credit to its previous owners.

If you see us around 'pop-in' to say hello, you'd be most welcome:thumb:

scotsy

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Scotsy

Welcome to MHFun.:thumb:

By a strange coincidence we made a booking for CastleRigg Farm yesterday, although our was for September. :RollEyes:
We would appreciate your views on the site as we have not visited it before.:winky:
Any other information regarding the area will be most appreciated.::bigsmile:
Hope you have a great weekend.:thumb:

Brisey.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Hello Scotsy, hope your first weekend away goes well.

Re Bailey humping everything - my collie cross Jazz was neutered 6 years ago and still regularly tries to hump his adopted older sister - and she was done years ago as well.

The brain is wanting but the flesh isn't capable. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Welcome Ian and Margaret,

I hope the weather stays good for you and you have a great weekend!

Regards Pat

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Welcome Ian & Margaret
B584, What a great choice of van, enjoy.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi and welcome to the fun.,
you have found the right place,

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Have fun in Keswick. We have just come back from there. If you are interested in doing some walking then check out Link Removed The walks are downloadable and give very good directions. All the walks are excellent and their description of difficulty is accurate.

Enjoy.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ian and Margaret, Enjoys your trip to the lakes. Keep Bailey away from the Kendle Mint Cake or he'll come back heavier

welcome to the fun.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As we only tried to book there this week all of their 'EHU' pitches were taken so we are totally reliant on the 12v system and the 1 x leisure battery:whatthe:

Margaret runs a 'TU' department at a Sainsbury's store
keen motorcyclist, I will probably be doing my rideouts 'fortnightly' as well now:thumb:
scotsy

We have just one 84Ah battery but it lasts at least two days, more maybe, but I did switch to LED lighting to help.

Some seriously good stuff in TU, I'm well pleased.

Bikers, the place is crawling with them. I've a VFR750. Biking is about fun and freedom, so are MHs.

Before you even think about it, it's impossible to hang a good bike off the back of a MH, you have to use a trailor. We take electric push bikes instead.

Enjoy.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi scotsy and welcome.

if you ask nicely and they can pitch you close enough there is a hookup in the cattle shed/barn. you may need a couple of EHU leads.

they let us use it on a previous visit.

OP
OP
S

scotsy

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Funster No
Thanks...

for the welcomes::bigsmile:

As we are only doing 2 nights at a time i think we'll manage ok with the 12v system but in time i'd like to install another leisure battery so we don't HAVE to be mean with the 12v appliances. The thing stopping me doing it now is that i've read that i should 'ditch' the one thats on and buy a 'matching pair' from the same batch as replacements, that's around £150 to spend which i might not need to spend just yet :winky:(finances need a little 'recovery time' after paying for insurance and tax etc)

My bike is an Aprilia Tuono R 1000cc V-twin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back