Universal Remote Central Locking (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi All

Just looking for advice/recommendations about Universal Remote Central Locking systems as there seems to be a big range of prices for very similar spec systems.

To cut a long story short, I have been looking into why the RCL on our A Class Laika has not been working, and have discovered that the RCL is controlled solely through the factory fitted Sikura alarm (model AZ2003W, if it's relevant), and has no connection to the base Fiat Ducato RCL - in fact there is no base vehicle RCL on our van. In short, the alarm is kaput and in turn so is the RCL...

So, I'm looking to strip out the Sikura alarm control box but replace it with a Universal RCL system that uses the existing door actuators, so any advice/things to consider is greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Steve

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Thanks very much for the steer @Jonkil... I've just ordered one...

Just a thought... What's the best way to establish whether the doors are +ve or -ve trigger please

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
What year and make/model?
I'll check it on the schematics for you.
Has the van a button on the dash to lock/unlock ?..... If so then it's very easy to do.

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Hi
the van is a Laika H710 A class 2003 on a Fiat base. Interestingly, a lot of the cab ancillaries are Iveco ie mirrors, windows etc
the base van doesn't have CL, it's the Sikura alarm that operates the doors through its own relay module.
I do have an alarm schematic but as it covers all possibilities, I guess the only way to be sure of +ve/-ve is to trace the wires..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've fitted dozens of those, easily wired and compatible with + ve and -ve triggers. Great bit of kit and absurd value for money.

Broken Link Removed

(y)Thanks for the link as I didn't know you could buy the control unit on its own.
I picked up a set of 4 with no controller at a car boot last year + I've 2 spare from when I fitted as set to my van cab doors-(y)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hi
the van is a Laika H710 A class 2003 on a Fiat base. Interestingly, a lot of the cab ancillaries are Iveco ie mirrors, windows etc
the base van doesn't have CL, it's the Sikura alarm that operates the doors through its own relay module.
I do have an alarm schematic but as it covers all possibilities, I guess the only way to be sure of +ve/-ve is to trace the wires..
(y)Thanks for the link as I didn't know you could buy the control unit on its own.
I picked up a set of 4 with no controller at a car boot last year + I've 2 spare from when I fitted as set to my van cab doors-(y)

If your base vehicle has not got central locking as standard then you require the system that controls the actuators.
The kit will come with 4, but if your vehicle has had aftermarket ones fitted you can utilise those and there is no need to replace those. One of the actuators is a master unit, that means if you lock the door with the key it will trigger the rest to lock.... you will need to fit the master to the drivers door.
That system I listed above only triggers existing c/l systems that doesn't have a remote.
If you want to fit a remote to an aftermarket system then this is the one required.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I'll dig the alarm schematic out and take another look.
I was just hoping to remove the alarm box itself but keep the separate CL actuator module.
From memory (I'm on the train home from work right now), the CL actuator module is signalled by two wires by the alarm box - one for open & one for close.
So hoping just to switch the alarm box for the eBay CL box and use the existing pair of wires to the existing actuator box...

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I'll dig the alarm schematic out and take another look.
I was just hoping to remove the alarm box itself but keep the separate CL actuator module.
From memory (I'm on the train home from work right now), the CL actuator module is signalled by two wires by the alarm box - one for open & one for close.
So hoping just to switch the alarm box for the eBay CL box and use the existing pair of wires to the existing actuator box...
Yeah,
That should be ok.

OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Here we go... The schematic is on page 2, and the CL actuator box is the one marked M5 on the right of the page...

I'm hoping I haven't made made any wrong assumptions with my plan !!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks again @Jonkil

Attachments

• Alarm Installation Manual.pdf
    681 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
EssexBoy
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Just a quick thank you to @Jonkil for all the help with the new remote CL system...
After a bit of mucking about, including a misprint in the new CL wiring diagram, I've got the new CL connected up and working. I just need now to finish stripping out the old alarm, tidy the new wiring and put the dashboard back together, but essentially done...
So thanks again... Proves what a great forum we have here...

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Just a quick thank you to @Jonkil for all the help with the new remote CL system...
After a bit of mucking about, including a misprint in the new CL wiring diagram, I've got the new CL connected up and working. I just need now to finish stripping out the old alarm, tidy the new wiring and put the dashboard back together, but essentially done...
So thanks again... Proves what a great forum we have here...

Good job EB!(y) Wish I had Jonkil's know how! And as to the last sentence Seconded!(y)(y)

Adeenuf

Free Member
Oct 24, 2017
Funster No
I know this thread a couple of years old, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the CL system that C200JK post earlier in the thread, Its for a Fiat ducato box van, Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back