A Thank You Thread For Motorhome Wifi (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Whilst in Spain we had a major oops ( now there is a surprise given all the other crap ! ) with our Motorhome WiFi unit.. Someone ( who will remain nameless so I can sleep ok at night ) 'accidentally' pushed the reset button on the router

I tried my best and got it working after a fashion but it was far from right.

Mailed Adam at MHWF who replied with remarkable speed and sent me the original config file

Borrowed a cat5 lead and plonked the file on the router..
Still had a problem ( which turned out to be my own making )

Mailed Adam again and suggested I pop the unit over to them at Peterborough to see what was going on.. Meant we struggled to get WiFi all the way home but as it turned out that really was the last thing we had to worry about !

Router and antenna duly dropped off..

Come back tomorrow I was told

Bright and early the following morning I was back.. Adams other half ( whose name eludes me.. sorry mate :) ) had it all sorted for me..
Turned out I was SUPPOSED to have the antenna plugged in when I dumped the config file over.. but due to various restrictions in the van I had unplugged the router from the antenna..
DOH !!!!!

Anyways.. A massive shout and thank you to the good people of Motorhome WiFi who could not have been more helpful !!

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Borrowed a cat5 lead
Had a config issue with different hardware when in Mull, Scotland, I made a change to the config (god knows why) and could no longer connect with wifi (a real Doh! moment). So I had to ask around to borrow a CAT5/Ethernet/LAN lead, a kind lady had no idea what I was talking about but pointed me to a box an engineer had left, found one, 5 minutes later back up and running, now always carry a CAT5 cable just in case.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, def got to add one to my on board kit ( but keep forgetting !! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just to clarify, exactly how many right feet have you got !!!

Ummm not sure I'll ask Jan.
I know its 2 left for sure not sure about the others but must be a few as I'm always putting my foot in it apparently, whatever it is.:)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I too fully endorse the after sales service from Adam and Sophie...

Actually it wasn't after "sales" service the first time I dealt with MotorhomeWiFi... Adam sorted out a problem for me at a show where they were very busy, on an item I hadn't even bought from them. No charge either!

After buying an Air Card mifi and antenna from them and them sending it out to Portugal, I found I needed a setting for an APN or something... my email query was answered within the hour despite it being the weekend.

Highly recommended by me.

JJ :cool:

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
Had a config issue with different hardware when in Mull, Scotland, I made a change to the config (god knows why) and could no longer connect with wifi (a real Doh! moment). So I had to ask around to borrow a CAT5/Ethernet/LAN lead, a kind lady had no idea what I was talking about but pointed me to a box an engineer had left, found one, 5 minutes later back up and running, now always carry a CAT5 cable just in case.

I always carry my dog4 lead, is there an adapter that will fit?
:think::think::think:

Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back