Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Whose system do you use, mines on a unibrake one ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Here's ours on way back from our Scotland tour - 5 door Peugeot 107 auto, toaded it for several thousand miles with us. Gave us a new lease of life when up in the highlands. Towtal overrun - you just don't know its on.

Regards,

Trikeman.(y)

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
This was our outfit and would still be were it not for Spanish law not allowing the use of A frames. :(
LooksLittle_zpsa953f28d.jpg

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
This was our outfit and would still be were it not for Spanish law not allowing the use of A frames. :(

Whats up with a trailer ?
I can understand the need for one behind a massive Rv with slides that you are going to site for a while ,as apart from a static you won't get bigger living space.
However Trikeman what are you doing ? my van is the same as yours and we manage every year on the west coast of Scotland.Wild camp on the beach ,breakfast ,tidy up and move on .Why turn an already large 24 ft van Into a 36 ft rig that limits where you can go ?
If you have to tow something make it a decent caravan ,where you don't loose any cab space,and you can have a decent vehicle to run about in

Vlad
LooksLittle_zpsa953f28d.jpg

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

You ask, "What's up with a trailer?" The answer, nothing in fact we now tow a 20ft Bockmann car trailer on which we carry our Peugeot 308 however we now require a large pitch and France & Spain where we planned to tour is not renown for having large pitches, that was why back in 2007 when we bought the RV we chose to tow with an A frame.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp

I guess there's as many reason's some of us choose to tow/trailer a support car, as there are to those who prefer caravan's.

Mine is that I've a disabled Mother who, if it wasn't for having the car, wouldn't be able to get out n about, surely the whole point of having a holiday.
(and what ever some folk say, trying to park a 25ft m/home in town, etc for supplies, ain't always handy. :whistle:)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

Vlad - done the caravan thing.
We find our toad invaluable and is no probs whatsoever to take anywhere, however where it really comes into its own is total flexability. Mrs T wants a day by the van/beach and I armed with camera want to bugger off into the mountains, off i go. Sometimes i want to nip into the nearest city for a wander, into the pug and off i go -and i can truely park the pug anywhere. When we are in moho with friends and we want to go anywhere in a group, into pug and off we go. As you said we have the same vans and last year we spent a lot of the time in the depths and heights of real Scotland and i know moho wouldnt get to - maybe not everyones cuppa but for us its superb - dont see too much in the way of more fuel either.
The pug is Mrs T,s car anyway so no addition.
We wont change, once we experienced the toad we wondered how much more of the country we could explore, thats been a great bonus. If we just want to go in moho we have that option too, cant do that with a caravan.

Trikeman.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back