LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
This is the second PayPal scam email I have received, the first said my account had been suspended until I clicked the link and gave information.

I queried the email with PayPal and they asked me to forward the email to them, and delete it immediately.

Apparently PayPal will always email you with your full name so that is one of the ways you can tell if it is a scam. This is a copy of the email I received.
Broken Link Removed
paypal_logo.gif

Dear PayPal member,

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system.We recently reviewed your
account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service.Until we can collect this information, your access
to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the
inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account
features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an
inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

Click here to remove your limitation

If we do not receive the appropriate account verification within 24 hours, we will assume your account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
PayPal Security

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.a r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor Broken Link Removed
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

PayPal, 5th Floor, Boulevard Royal, Luxembourg 118 349

Unsubscribe | Privacy policy

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I get at least one a week, just delete them.
One said because of lack of activity on my account it was being suspended, click on
the link to sort out.
I had used it 4 times in the last couple of days !!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I get at least one a week, just delete them.
One said because of lack of activity on my account it was being suspended, click on
the link to sort out.
I had used it 4 times in the last couple of days !!

It's always worth forwarding them to the spoof address if there is one. Paypal for example. They can go after the senders if you do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Just had one from the tax man telling me I am entitled to a refund!I know from experience that on the rare occasions that I have been entitled to a refund they send it to you and don't ask you for your banking details!!But these scam letters are very realistic.You can understand why people get caught out!!

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
It gets really tiresome doesn't it? It's long overdue Interpol / The Met / Microsoft / PayPal / Google and all the worlds banks creating a task force to track down the perps and start throwing them in cells. How hard can it be to follow funds or trace IP addresses?

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
Simple to avoid. NEVER click on any link from any bank or Paypal to inland revenue.

Just log onto your account directly from your browser address bar and log into your account that way.

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Recently sold a motorbike for one of my sons and we were INUNDATED with scam e-mails that usually gave you their life story and ended up with asking for Pay Pal details and an address to send a courier. Wouldn't by chance be thinking of paying, having it collected and then getting PayPal to give a refund leaving us to try to get the bike back huh? There really are some tossers out there. :mad:

Deleted User
I don't need to worry about PayPal scammers anymore as I'm apparently a multi millionaire.

You see a long lost relative has had a plane crash and all I have to do is send off my bank details and voila.

I sent my details some weeks ago, but have heard nothing yet, obviously such massive sums take time to transfer. Bizarrely whilst I've been waiting I've had another stroke of luck. Some geezer has obtained millions of pounds of government stocks and decided to split the proceeds 50-50 with me, again I've obviously sent my details straight away.

At this rate I'll soon be rich enough to camp at a British campsite (with electric)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I just delete them and go to the proper web address just to check.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Always remember that PayPal always address you by your own name, and never by 'Dear Member'. (y)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I know I have had them !, and I don't have an account,! I just let my hubby pay for anything
I want

It's as bad as the phone calls from Microsoft wanting to fix my p.c
I've stopped being polite I now tell them what I think of them, especially at7.45 am !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I meant the tossers are the ones who can't get off their backsides like the rest of us to earn a living and who just send out scam mails all day long.
That's who I thought you meant but sending out emails all day is their day job.

I suspect they will continue to evolve and become harder to identify. The eBay scams are old hat but clearly there are still folk unaware of them. That isn't a criticism of anyone by the way, the Internet should be safe to use and if I was an internet mogul like Google I would be looking for a way to protect users from these scams in a way which was totally foolproof - there could be big money in it - legitimately earned I stress!

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
::bigsmile:I put one of my kids horses up for sale once, I got emails from the Sheeik of Abu Daby wanting me to export the animal so that he could add it to his blood stock program ,promised to send a bank transfer as soon as I put the horse on the aircraft

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back