Wow, A Year Ago Today!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I just noticed on my avatar that it was a year ago today that I finished work to start this great adventure :Eeek:. Was it worth it? Did we make the right decision? Hell yes!! It has been awesome. Every day is exciting :party2::wine::wink: , we never feel bored or fed up :clap2:. We have visited so many places and it's only the tip of the iceberg. We got talking to a couple that are currently parked on the same camperstop as us and they also retired at the age of 52 to do the same thing and they are also keen cyclists. They said it was the best decision they ever made and they both looked fit, healthy and happy. We were gobsmacked when they said they were 66yrs old as they looked mid to late 50's!! Here's hoping we look that good in 13 yrs time!! :rofl:. We can't wait to see what the next year holds::bigsmile:. The information we got from this forum was key in us making the decision we did as we knew absolutely nothing when we started with our first Motorhome 2 years ago. I can remember being confused as to why my hairdryer wouldn't work when I plugged it in when we weren't on EHU and I couldn't work out why I had to leave the toilet door open to pee because there want enough room for my legs ( how embarrassed was I when I realised the toilet seat swivels:doh:!!). We had no idea :doh:!! We have met many Funsters along the way and hope to meet many more. There may even be some we wish to avoid:imoutahere: although there are many more we can't wait to see again ( you know who you are :wink:.). Cheers everyone and let's hope the next 12 months is awesome for all of us :beerchug:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yes Terry you can enjoy this life, once you learn to cope with the stress!!! Tis not easy!!! I ALMOST washed the van today but with great fortitude overcame the urge!!! Tis not easy laid back with a glass of red, topping up your tan when there are jobs to be done!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
:D The toilet bit made me laugh, love your blog, well done guys(y) just wish I had the balls to do the same:)
If you thought the toilet bit was funny wait till you see what I did on 13th April:doh::doh:!! I will hopefully have April's post ready to publish very soon after the end of the month. (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Yes Terry you can enjoy this life, once you learn to cope with the stress!!! Tis not easy!!! I ALMOST washed the van today but with great fortitude overcame the urge!!! Tis not easy laid back with a glass of red, topping up your tan when there are jobs to be done!!!
Oi Crunchie, who are you calling Terry :rofl::rofl::rofl:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We're working there - last trip six weeks, this one eight, possibly Greece next year which might need twelve weeks.

But glad you have no regrets - love to read your posts on here. :)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Glad you're enjoying life on the road. We had planned to spend more time away from this year - but now we have a first grand daughter and seem to be spending a lot of time at home!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back