Lidl Florabest 15m "garden Hose" ( X-hose) (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi folks. For the less discerning of you!! Mentioned this the other day, thought it worth bringing up again. Lidl have come up with a similar version of the expanding X-hose and it is in some of their shops today.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/uk/article/104112/104112_01_f.jpg

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=22722

I already have the quality x-hose, and also bought a cheap Chinese version that kept splitting on me ( servers me right ) and now our favorite shop has come up with a quality expanding hose for £20 which is less than half price.
Tried it out tonight, brilliant (so far!!) And it is bright orange so you can also use it to guide you back to the van after a pint or two. :drink:
No, I doubt if it is food standard, but then I have never bothered over that, after all, I don't think the pipework before the tap in the farmers field is either!!
They are very easy to store, lightweight and expand to about 3 times the original length when excited, I mean charged...
If you are interested, be quick as they are great for the garden too!!:happy:

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Thought I would just talk to myself for awhile and bring this back to the top of the pile!!::bigsmile: Anyone bought one?

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Pete
Just so you don't keep on talking to yourself:D thanks for that(y) I already have one in the van but TBH have never had to use it yet:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Do they work when the water pressure is low?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Do they work when the water pressure is low?

Yes, although perhaps it may not expand quite so much without normal pressure. One thing I found on the cheaper Chinese version is that if you turn the end nozzle on or off quickly with the mains tap full on you may get an explosive bang and a soaking as the inner hose splits!! :crying1:. The better quality ones seem ok.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I love the brilliant new idea "Flexible Garden Hose".

All these years I've been struggling with solid ones.

But don't need one, got a couple of the roll flat ones.

I use to use roll flat hoses but find these are lighter and so much easier to pack away. No fiddly rolling onto a reel whilst trying to drain the hose pipe at the same time. The x hose tends to drain itself as the pressure in the hose forces most of the water out after the tap is turned off and the hose pipe retracts in size. Much prefers to use it if in fact I'm not using the watering can for top ups.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back