I Am Sure It Must Be On Here Somewhere But Where ??? (1 Viewer)

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
I will be venturing to Norfolk next weekend for our first trip in our motorhome and wondered if there is a checklist of sorts so as to not forget / do anything going and coming back.

Any pointers to where the information would be is appreciated!

OP
OP
mikeh71

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
I meant what to pack / make sure we have got etc .......

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For a weekend in Norfolk you have no worrys everything you need is there if on a camp, as long as you have enough water to make a cup of tea on the way and obviously some gas.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hi
I will be venturing to Norfolk next weekend for our first trip in our motorhome and wondered if there is a checklist of sorts so as to not forget / do anything going and coming back.

Any pointers to where the information would be is appreciated!

Mines under the bed.:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, contrary to what some suggest, we are pretty civilised in Norfolk :)

Basics.. Milk, tea, water, something for diner in the evening on the first night or two which gives you a chance to suss out whats where..

If you have refillables gas is not a problem.. LPG available all over the place ( in fact two places here in Thetford )
If you do not have refillables then an extra full bottle is handy
Something to sit on outside the van
Something to put your booze on outside the van

A worthwhile tip for when you leave..
Apart from the obvious like making sure any steady legs** in use are put up and aerials put down, when you are all packed up pull off the pitch then get out and have a mooch about just in case something has been dropped and gone unnoticed ..

**If you do have steady legs, after you have wound them down put the handle or what ever you use on top of the peddles in the front !
You would not be the first to forget them and plough a couple of nice farrows in the field !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry.. Missed the bit about where..

Depends on your tastes.. Our absolute favourite site is one called Green Farm on Beach Road in Scratby ( just north of Gt Yarmouth )
It has a good selection of shops, is a short walk from a wonderful beach has entertainment ( free and not too bad ! ) in the evenings if you so choose .. Lots of take away options close by too.. and it is lovely and quiet 90% of the time

Another place worth a visit is Sheringham

If you are in to vintage bikes there is a museum at Dereham
If you fancy a tour of a distillery there is a place near Snetterton that is reputed to make the finest scotch in England ( and they charge for it accordingly !! ). It is called St Georges.. They do tours of the place quite regularly

If you fancy water things, google 'paddle boat' Norfolk.. A lovely day out up and down the broads

For steam train enthusiasts book a night or two at Kelling Heath.. Just up the road ( easy walking distance ) is a station that is on the Bure Valley line..

I could go on and on but I do get a bit boring ! LOL !!

OP
OP
mikeh71

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Thanks for all of the info - we are actually off to Sheringham. Went there as a child every year for around 12 years and still visit whenever I can - normally staying in b&b's but this time staying at Beeston Regis.

Many thanks again for the info!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I'm afraid @Jaws hasn't been taking the right medication today .... Kelling Heath Halt is on the PoppyLine between Sherringham and Holt (both worth a visit). The Bure Vally line is narrow gauge and runs out of Wroxham on the Broads.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
An update on the museum mentioned..
Apparently it is now in North Walsham

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My advice for Norfolk would be to take a book like this so you can communicate with the locals:
Broken Link Removed

Plus ointment for Trench Foot, mosquito nets and...... don't take your sister with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back