terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think if someone was scamming then they wouild make the ad a little more believable.

i reckon its an error and should be £23,500.

and i bet they're kicking themselves :Blush:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John, it has scam written all over it to me :Eeek: no recent feedback / email seller ??? classified add ?? too good to be true :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ebay have pulled the advert, I did email and the reply came not from them but from Ebay who said it was a Hijacked account which had now been returned to its rightful owner. My guess would be a vengeful spouse just trying to cause the owner of the van some hassle. Ad placed using his credit card probably, who knows.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
of course the reply I got could have been in relation to a previous advert Terry suspected was a scam (was there more than one?), should have checked the numbers I guess, what a trial it is to get old.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
When i emailed i asked where can the van be viewed and can they confirm the price of £3500.
This is the reply i've just had;

If you are interested please email me harrystenhouse(at)msn.com

Seems he likes using eBay to advertise....but insists on using a separate email address. Very odd. I replied back saying that i don't do msn and he can tell me the detail via eBay.

Anyone who suspects scam...take heart. Just heard on the news where the guy who invented the world wide web has been scammed himself. Bought something online at Christmas and never received it!

Last edited:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Wel well......here we go. Just had another email now as follows;

Dear *******

We can see that you've had contact with g1zes through eBay recently.

We think this eBay account has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

Tips for safe trading on eBay

Always complete your purchases on the eBay website - it's the safest way to trade with other eBay members. Always make sure that your user ID is listed as the winning bidder on the 'Item ended' page before sending money for a purchase.

If someone asks you to buy or sell an item outside eBay, we strongly recommend you ignore their request and report it to us. If you buy or sell outside eBay, you won't be protected by our Feedback system and protection services.

Keeping eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell is our top priority. To find out more about buying safely on eBay, open a new window on your browser and copy these links into it:

About Transactions Outside eBay
eBay UK: Safety Centre: Buying Safely

If you've sent payment for an item but not received it, please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

As always, if you have any questions, please get in touch.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H19882

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back