U Shaped bedroom tip already probably been covered..... (1 Viewer)

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
A friend just bought a MH with a U shaped lounge that they make up into a bed. When she said she wasn't comfy on the arrangement of cushions at night I told her we bought a king sized memory foam mattress topper for 30 quid from B & M and throw that over it which 'irons out' any bumps and ridges. She's tried it and loves it. Like us they've got an over cab bed as well so I said to just spread it out on that during the day so you don't even have to worry about storage space.

This is probably old hat to the experienced in here and there's probably threads on it but it's at the top now for any newbies just starting out this season.

If you have a bed you make up together with an over cab bed it's a no-brainer. It transformed our night's sleep quality and my current wife has stopped moaning.
(y)

Paul

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We actually have one on our bed at home and take it with us in the van, beds the same whether at home or in the van(y)(y):)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:) Yes old hat... done that for years..Also turning cushions over as they are flatter on the bottom and it helps with wear.

However, does no harm to mention it as it may help a newbie.. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
:) Yes old hat... done that for years..Also turning cushions over as they are flatter on the bottom and it helps with wear.

However, does no harm to mention it as it may help a newbie.. (y)
Yup, covered lots, but as mentioned, we just turn our cushions upside down, very comfy in ours.

[Edit]
The pun was unintentional, only just spotted it myself :D

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We have the same, but we made life easier by cutting the foam in half lengthwise and putting each half in a single duvet cover
(slides into place easier and keeps clean)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You all might think this a bit lazy, but we in fact have a u shaped lounge with a separate loose table, more of an L shape I suppose to be accurate so what we do as there is only the two of us , is make the bed up and put the topper on for bed, when we get up we just fold the topper back with all the sheets and things in it and leave it like that we have plenty of room at the table and can lean back on to the rolled up topper , so don't have to slide the bed in and out, much like having a fixed bed. Then at night we can have supper or whatever , lie back on the bed and when it's time for bed, stand up , roll the topper back and hey presto, beds made.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back