what I love about motorhoming (1 Viewer)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
To counter balance all the groans and moans on threads over the past few days, I thought it time we got back to basics and showed all the people thinking of joining us what a great bunch of funsters we are.

So go on, dig deep and tell us all what you love most about motorhoming.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We love having the freedom to travel wherever we like and meeting lots of new friends en route.
On the other hand you don't have to talk to anyone if you want to be on your own, try that in a hotel or B and B

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Being able to bring the dogs abroad with us, saves a fortune in kennel fees and nothing better than a swim in the sea with three Labradors who will never grow up and say they don't want to come anymore
clear.png

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Being able to switch off.

Having been self employed for yonks, I find that when I am home, even though I used to set out to 'have a day off' I always ended up working.

get away in the motor home and .... relaaxxxxxxxxxxx !!!
Very envious, I still have to work, even when in the van. Sometimes that means locating an area with decent 3/4G depending on job in question :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
the huge grin I have on my face as we set off down the drive, shame we don't have a rear view mirror, but I feel like I have a big grin anyway (y):)

I even felt the same today just going to get gas and weighed, lost some of the grin after the weighbridge :), but got it back before I got home (y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
All of the above. No waiting at airports, meeting like minded folk, independence and so much more (y)(y)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Karen likes being able to take her sewing machine and material so she can make clothes cushions bags etc, for her the best thing is watching people walking past 2 or 3 times to see what she is making.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I also like how complete strangers like irnbru ask if anyone wants sq sausage, haggis, etc bringing to meets
Thanks but I don't see funsters as strangers..Just friends I have yet to meet :)

I love nothing better than getting away and parking next to the sea listening to the waves crash off the rocks as the rain batters down on the MH

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
As well as most of the above, being able to bring my winters supply of good french wine and cheeses at rock bottom prices back with me late autumn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back