Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Can not do cut and paste, but on the Mail on line is dash cam footage of unsuccessful caravan racing at the lights.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
The Tugger took a big chance overtaking after his lane had finished.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just saw it on you tube, caravan driver certainly qualifies for the title of Dick of the Day! I will attempt to embed the video here:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I spotted there was no mirror extension on the tow car. That would explain why he couldn't see down his nearside.
The driver of the truck is still a moron though.
He is one of those picks who just has to make a meal of every mistake by other road users. Yes, it was his right of way, but he made that incident happen. He had plenty of time to avoid the caravan but instead put his foot down and contributed to the collision.
Dick head.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
That is what happens when two ignorant people meet. The lorry driver could have eased off a little but the caravaner trying to bully his way in didn't help the situation.

I don't think the caravanner could see down his nearside. He was guessing!

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
That type of thing happens when one person has been sat patiently in their lane and another does not want to and bullies their way in at the last minute. Yes the truck driver could of backed off but the caravan driver need not of driven so bad either.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Entirely the car driver's fault!
It is a set of traffic lights with a short (50 yards-ish) stretch with two lanes. The lorry driver was pulling away from the lights when the car and caravan tried to push through. It's a 30 mph limit as well.
It happens frequently there.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Entirely the car driver's fault!
It is a set of traffic lights with a short (50 yards-ish) stretch with two lanes. The lorry driver was pulling away from the lights when the car and caravan tried to push through. It's a 30 mph limit as well.
It happens frequently there.

We're talking about the second clip on Facebook now!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That is what happens when two ignorant people meet. The lorry driver could have eased off a little but the caravaner trying to bully his way in didn't help the situation.
In that distance there was only 1 possibly 2 cars likely to get past. The lorry being in the correct lane had right of way , end of.
The lorry driver did pull over, he went as far as he could OFF the road onto the verge.
In situations like that I always expect it to occur & as many people, like the driver of the offending caravan, are too stupid to be able to comprehend that the available distance,space,time,speed does not equal room to ge back in then the only way is to move over ,to the right,which ensures that even the dumbest realise that the only overtake is on the right of the bollards.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
What would happen if there was a long queue at a super market till and a person just barged in at the front to be served 1st with out waiting, would the other people not feel a little pissed off or is it ok to be the bully ?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
In that distance there was only 1 possibly 2 cars likely to get past. The lorry being in the correct lane had right of way , end of.
The lorry driver did pull over, he went as far as he could OFF the road onto the verge.
In situations like that I always expect it to occur & as many people, like the driver of the offending caravan, are too stupid to be able to comprehend that the available distance,space,time,speed does not equal room to ge back in then the only way is to move over ,to the right,which ensures that even the dumbest realise that the only overtake is on the right of the bollards.

There are 2 video clips ... my comments are on the second, lorry, caravan, slip road on motorway (?)

(y)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Guy with camera was in the right, Idiot with caravan obviously did not have the power to overtake nor did he pass before trying to come in, the truck driver was doing nothing wrong, patience is a virtue !!
Car driver was/is a dip shit !! just hope no one was injured because of his actions.
Happened to me regularly when I was a coach driver, cars / motorhome drivers grossly underestimate how quick they can accelerate and the wonder why things go wrong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back