Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just got back from the Peterborough show and I'm after some info about the company opposite the fun tent to the right !
It's the one that sells the 5 th wheelers and that bloody huge mobile home trailer thing with slide outs,got to be the best value living space available anywhere .
Could anyone post a website link please .

Vlad

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Think you mean Calder Leisure and will have a look as we meander back from the bar.

Kath

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Just been down there. Is this the one?

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Kath is that the plate off the bloody huge thing.
If so you couldn't post a couple of picks for mrs Vlad .
Thanks .

Vlad

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for the link,a lot of space for the money .
If only I had an annual pitch somewhere warm to put it .

Vlad

M

Madwife

Deleted User
They were closed up when I went along and it's so cold outside that not willing to go out again tonight! Will get Howie to take some pics tomorrow as I will be away all day.

Kath

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Saw a field full of them in Cornwall last Sunday, plus a huge marquee, generators etc. It was some sort of Base Camp for a Hollywood film they are shooting near Portholland, which they are dressing up to look like a bit of Wales.

This lot supplied the equipment: http://www.mmuk.tv

Dixie

Free Member
Jun 15, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel & Dodge 2500
Exp
Just got back from the Peterborough show and I'm after some info about the company opposite the fun tent to the right !
It's the one that sells the 5 th wheelers and that bloody huge mobile home trailer thing with slide outs,got to be the best value living space available anywhere .
Could anyone post a website link please .

Vlad

Hi Vlad

Our website is www.ccrv.co.uk

Kind regards
Jayne
CCRV

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was put off by their many signs saying they are the only people in the UK doing legal US imports.
There was at least one other company at the show doing legal 5th wheel imports.

My first rule of business is never to bad mouth a competitor. Any company that does that can't be trusted in my opinion.

Any marketing done using negatives is a bad move in my book. Probably just me but I find it distasteful in the extreme.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
lots in Spain
By all accounts though difficult to sell here. Dealer I bought my M/H from had tri-axle one there for nigh on a year. He said only people who bought them where showmen. He sold it fr 10k & that is €'s.
Don't even think you can drive them on the licence like you can in the UK.

I also passed a tri on a Spanish sale site . Brit unit complete with tractor unit . Been on there forover a year.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was put off by their many signs saying they are the only people in the UK doing legal US imports.
There was at least one other company at the show doing legal 5th wheel imports.

My first rule of business is never to bad mouth a competitor. Any company that does that can't be trusted in my opinion.

Any marketing done using negatives is a bad move in my book. Probably just me but I find it distasteful in the extreme.

But! Its a common enough practice in this dog eat dog world....

Looked at link I posted and dont think its what I was talking about as all look American. One I meant was built in Wales and real nice quality.

Eddie

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
But! Its a common enough practice in this dog eat dog world....

I don't think it is that common to be honest as most companies know being negative about the competition can and does backfire. In my experience companies that bad mouth their competition are not to be dealt with.

Calders have signs outside saying they are the only ones importing/selling uk legal 5ers. Basically trying to tell us not to trust any of their competitors. Basically they are inferring that all their competitors are selling illegal/dodgy units. They might be a good company I don't know, but I didn't even look at them if their primary USP is that they think all their competitors are selling illegal units.

Negative marketing gives me negative feelings is all I am saying.

Next year I will be in the market for a new motorhome and I am looking at all the options. For the first time in 6 years I was actually looking at what dealers had to offer and also looking at alternatives. Calders lost me as a potential client before I even got through the door.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back