LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having started off my travelling many years ago with a Bedford J type pulling a Westmorland star and finishing up with a Lord Munsterland pulled by a Dodge Ram in 1999. I then started my motorhoming in earnest and changed styles from a tugger to my first serious motorhome, which was a Rockwood Beachwood RV with the Cummins B series diesel. Many motorhomes later I returned to tugging this year with another Dodge Ram and fifth wheel trailer. I must admit, I do like the concept very much and although I will be keeping the fifth wheel outfit for the time being as I hope to tour Norway this summer, I take delivery of a 36ft American travel trailer with 2 slides tomorrow. This will be plumbed in permanently on my winter quarters here in Benidorm to save bringing accommodation with me in the future.
Looking forward to this new aspect in life, although its nothing new really as things have just gone full circle. Knowing my luck, someone will wait until its all set up and offer a little profit that I cannot refuse and it will be all change again :rolleyes:.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Once you have sold the 5th wheel. Will you get somthing smaller to tour with? As your new one will permanent.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Once you have sold the 5th wheel. Will you get somthing smaller to tour with? As your new one will permanent.

Have not really thought about selling the fifth wheel as yet as its not too big to tour with, but if I do sell it then of course there is the option of a tourer. As a matter of fact I have my eye on a nice little Hymer 534 in Germany at the minute.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The 534 is a great van.
Works as a left hand drive but not as a right hand drive.
Is it the red one? Lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its
The 534 is a great van.
Works as a left hand drive but not as a right hand drive.
Is it the red one? Lol
Its LHD and the last of the crinklys with the blue stripes. I always thought the layout was as good as it gets for 2 people in a small van. Good vision all round and the U shaped lounge is big enough for 2 people to lounge on. Nothing final as yet, its just a thought am playing with.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
so you went for it..well done:) what's next spanish residency?:D

Oh no. Am not quite that brave. I have been toying with the idea of a static for some time in Spain, but still wanted something I could move if needs arose. This one was not one of my easiest deals or decisions, but I wore him down in the end :).

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Made them an offer they could not refuse:giggle:

this new rigs going to take some moving?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Mr Snowbird has changed his vehicles this season more often than I have changed my bedding!

I give his twin slides caravan a couple of months at the most...

Now I better get back to driving my off road buggy around and around Quinta Majay. The person who had the idea of putting a rotary lawn mower blade under a buggy was a genious.

JJ :cool:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Mr Snowbird has changed his vehicles this season more often than I have changed my bedding!

I give his twin slides caravan a couple of months at the most...

Now I better get back to driving my off road buggy around and around Quinta Majay. The person who had the idea of putting a rotary lawn mower blade under a buggy was a genious.

so its been mended then,

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Made them an offer they could not refuse:giggle:

this new rigs going to take some moving?

Ford 350 duely. Coming tomorrow. At a push I could drag it up with the Ram, but there is a load of other stuff ie, garden furniture, hammock, shed etc. So I have to take my Ram and borrow a trailer to move all that. Full complement of men tomorrow.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
From the little I know about the Benidorm men, they will either still drunk or racked with hangovers from the night before... I hope you have worked this fact into your plans.

I have indeed JJ. I always worked on the understanding that I would employ a drinker before a gambler any day. I drinker has to turn in for work, whereas a gambler once he has a win you dont see him until its gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back