Hi there. Nice to be part of a family of like minded adventurists (1 Viewer)

Mij Nikta

Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
89 VW Transporter TD 1600
Exp
Since 2004
Marie and I both love going out in the van (T25 1989 VW 1600 td) even more so since the advent of a more quieter living space but that should be about to change with a new pair of tiny feet on the arisen. We are thinking of purchasing an awning, preferably with a sewn - in ground sheet. Pre used would be good to keep the cost down since Marie is now retired and I was recently made redundant. Still we have got to count our blessings as I did manage to find a placement working with vulnerable people. It's good to be alive but even better when you’ve got a van.

Regards to all.

Mij.

Attachments

• jIM sAX fULLONFLOYD.jpg
    jIM sAX fULLONFLOYD.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 25

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! You don't need a big one to have Fun!

On reflection that may not have come out quite as intended..... :)

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I must confess I read the title of your OP as "naturists" because we have those here too. :)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Marie and I both love going out in the van (T25 1989 VW 1600 td) even more so since the advent of a more quieter living space but that should be about to change with a new pair of tiny feet on the arisen. We are thinking of purchasing an awning, preferably with a sewn - in ground sheet.
Mij.
This is a very popular economical annexe and you get Funsters Discount as well, click on it for full details, well worth paying your tenner to be a full member.

Outdoor Revolution Outhouse Handi XL 2015

Peter

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to fun.
By tiny feet do you mean doggy or baby?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
This is a very popular economical annexe and you get Funsters Discount as well, click on it for full details, well worth paying your tenner to be a full member.

Outdoor Revolution Outhouse Handi XL 2015

Peter

That is the kind of thing that I would recommend too. A drive away awning will allow you to remain on site while the van is taken away for shopping etc.

Alternatively, places such as GoOutdoors do medium size tents that are about half the price of an awning and better for living in as a camping unit but not so convenient for standing up in.

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and Welcome :)

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
Marie and I both love going out in the van (T25 1989 VW 1600 td) even more so since the advent of a more quieter living space but that should be about to change with a new pair of tiny feet on the arisen. We are thinking of purchasing an awning, preferably with a sewn - in ground sheet. Pre used would be good to keep the cost down since Marie is now retired and I was recently made redundant. Still we have got to count our blessings as I did manage to find a placement working with vulnerable people. It's good to be alive but even better when you’ve got a van.

Regards to all.

Mij.

Congrats!

Don't rule out an awning without a sewn-in groundsheet. We sometimes have to pitch our awning on gravel and it could well get punctured. We use that "jigsaw" foam type flooring (Aldi often have it on offer) It works a dream and is much more comfortable to walk on than a groundsheet

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yo Mij ow's it 'angin Dude and :welc: to the Fun..
...........................................from The New Forest....

We use that "jigsaw" foam type flooring (Aldi often have it on offer) It works a dream and is much more comfortable to walk on than a groundsheet

I have a couple of packs of that jig-saw flooring, you can have it if you like, I will agree it is more forgiving than a groundsheet........Griff

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
If you work with vulnerable people then you have defiantly come to the right site , welcome and have fun .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. Love your attitude to life and those in need.... Hope you enjoy meeting up with the Funsters in the future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back