Site to avoid - Toulouse (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
spent the night at Camping Jupé in Toulouse. A three star site. It was more like a car scrapyard. Caravans with tarpaulins over the roof to keep out the rain, jacked up cars with wheels off and derelict site vehicles lying about.

Although it is the nearest site into Toulouse listed in the Camping Cheque brochure I strongly recommend you avoid.

We arrived late so stayed the one night and left the next morning.:(

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Not to be confused with Camping le Rupe in Toulouse I hope. We stayed there last month and really liked it.

Dave

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not to be confused with Camping le Rupe in Toulouse I hope. We stayed there last month and really liked it.

Dave
Sorry. I mis-spelt the name.

It is indeed the same site. They must have had the wrecking crew in in the meantime.;)

Just goes to show, we all like different things.

The top end of the site, mainly for campers is OK ( ish).

The "permanent" or resident area we thought was absolutely atrocious.

We are currently on a site near Sarlat, Domaine de Soleil Plage, that is superb. Beautifully organised and maintained, on the banks of the river. Using Camping Cheques they are the same price but worlds apart.

Our comments were based on our experience of French sites over a period of thirty years and we genuinely felt it was one of the three worst we have ever stayed on.

It appeared to be an accommodation centre for migrant workers in Toulouse. They did not cause us any problems but appeared to have no interest in their caravans etc. rubbish lying around, even tattered Christmas decorations strewn throughout the trees on a couple of pitches.

Sorry!

We will have to leave it up to Forum Members whether to stay or not. They have now had the chance to see two different sides to the story.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is the difference between sites and aires, if you are paying a small fortune you expect things, if it's free , doesn't matter so much, just move to the next one, we never really bother what's there as long as it's safe , you are only going to sleep there and it will be dark so it will pretty much look like anywhere else then.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Use Aires frequently but there wasn't a suitable one for Toulouse that we could find. The Camp site could do with some "fresh air" though.

Sorry, couldn't resist it but I know I should have done!:whistle:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
So if you don't stay with Frankie (or even if you do) we're not too far north and you'll hopefully enjoy a stay here. We love seeing Funsters and generally they love staying here, whether or not the Munchies are in residence!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We stayed there last year and although it was an ideal location for visiting Toulouse we definitely wouldn't go back. There is also a gypsy camp next door which looked very messy and we didn't feel too relaxed cycling in that area but on the plus side they had a lovely clean shower block;)

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
one of the reasons we liked it was that there was an incredibly nice lady who was running the shuttle bus to the metro stop. She couldn't have been more informative or helpful.

We have been on better sites and worse ones. I didn't notice a gypsy camp, but I did notice the very strong security gates at le Rupe.

If you are visiting Toulouse, I honestly don't think it is that bad people.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back