LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Can anyone recommend a reliable power supply, I have Co Pilot on the tablet, but if I use it for any length of time, the charger/power supply doesn't keep up with the power used and the battery eventually goes flat.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The simplest solution would be a USB cigarette lighter thingy. This is a posh one, you can get them much cheaper: Broken Link Removed

They are not perfect as depending on the angle of the socket they can vibrate out. A better solution is to fit a USB socket in the actual dash.

I've also recently bought one of these: Broken Link Removed

It is really good for that moment when you are away from power and your device, whatever it is, phone, tablet, GPS etc starts to run out of power. It charges my phone in under 2 hours. They also do a higher capacity version but it is bigger and heavier and nearly twice the price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
The simplest solution would be a USB cigarette lighter thingy. This is a posh one, you can get them much cheaper: Broken Link Removed

They are not perfect as depending on the angle of the socket they can vibrate out. A better solution is to fit a USB socket in the actual dash.

I've also recently bought one of these: Broken Link Removed

It is really good for that moment when you are away from power and your device, whatever it is, phone, tablet, GPS etc starts to run out of power. It charges my phone in under 2 hours. They also do a higher capacity version but it is bigger and heavier and nearly twice the price.
Thanks, I have something similar to the belkin plugin, also another type, I didn't know if there was anything with a better output (Amps) that would keep pace with the power consumption of the tablet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
You would need to check with them re amps etc first but have been looking at this for our mifi

Broken Link Removed

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can get different ratings I think if you look around, you certainly can for the stand alone USB sockets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back