Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
All,

I'm plotted up near Windsor at the mo'. FreeSat works perfectly - well almost, because I can't get ITV 1 on the damn thing

I can get just about every channel in the globe, BBC, ITV 2/3/4 etc but no Chan 1.

When I googled the problem, it said they have changed their transponder for that particular channel and a fresh search should be done. I don't have the destructions any more for the unit (it's a Maxview).

Have tried doing what I can, but it says the 'System is Full' whatever that means?

Any ideas?

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Soozy'.
I can see "ITV Central South" on the channel list, but when I select it, it says "No information"

As I said, I googled the problem, but it says that they have moved the transponder. :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My guess is you will have to get it to scan again and possibly, given the error message, delete everything it has in its memory first if that doesn't happen automatically when you scan. I can't help as our TV does the tuning for stations, there is no separate box so the distructions will be completely different. Can you Google for instructions for your specific modl?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The Maxview (unless it's a model I have not seen and something new) Will be "free to air" NOT freesat...
Therefore the search list of transponders is only as good as when it's made and loaded.. As things change it's standard list of what it searches for will be limited unless there are software updates by the manufacturers or you do a manual search for those channels that have changed..
A true "Freesat" receiver will always load all that channels that are meant to be supplied..

As mentioned, maybe re-set the Maxview back to factory setting to clear out everything. Do a fresh re-load of Astra 28 and then you may have to manually search for the missing channel.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks DBK.
Got no problem with 'Freeview'. That's integral in the TV and I can get ITV 1 on that ok but the satellite gizmo is more for abroad. The separate box is for FreeSat and that's the problem animal! It won't scan because it says something similar to 'The system is full"

I've managed to find some instructions, but as usual, it tells you everything that you DONT want to know! It does however tell you that you can return the unit to default and it will default to German! It was however UK purchased :mad:

I think you may be right; I will have to delete all of the channels and get it to scan (if it will) and start over. Don't want to do that at the mo' because I'm off to Peterborough on Friday.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It does however tell you that you can return the unit to default and it will default to German! It was however UK purchased :mad:

Maxview / Aldi / Lidl / Maplins and many others buy from a German company "Comag" and re-brand..
You often see the receivers in the suitcase camping kits etc. Little help I know but when in doubt and doing any web searches then "Comag" is another option to try..

Broken Link Removed

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And if you find anything worth watching on ITV 1 please let me know! Or is there a Corrie fan in the family? :D

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We have a maxview,use it at home and as you say ITV 1 gone.
went to menu,installation(dish symbol),single satellite search left it to it and it has put the new ITV on .Now have to get rid of all the rubbish!

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
And if you find anything worth watching on ITV 1 please let me know! Or is there a Corrie fan in the family? :D

Thanks Tonka for that info. I'll probably wind up buggering the box up and buying a new one! Thanks also @rb62 . Hope I have the same success.

DBK You're right! Corrie fan in the family and it ain't me!!! Otherwise, ITV isn't bad; for a start, you've got Newzoids on tonight (similar to spitting image).

Last edited:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We
Thanks Soozy'.
I can see "ITV Central South" on the channel list, but when I select it, it says "No information"

As I said, I googled the problem, but it says that they have moved the transponder. :mad:[/QUOTE
Could be at cross purposes here, but on satellite we virtually always have " no information" on the guide but selecting the channel , You are able to view, just no programme info.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wingman, come find me at Peterborough and I will have a snoot.. Snould not be a problem at all

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Better off going down the pub. Let her indoors watch it in the back room whilst you get some down yer neck.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks all. Sorry for tardy reply. Bin busy and just digesting all the info' that you've given me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back