LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Looking for a spot of help with Sat-Nav routing and to check if your make and model of sat-nav does something different.

If planning a trip between the two campsite addresses below and similarly a return, would like to understand what your make and model of sat-nav does in respect to routes.
Acorn Camping & Caravanning
CF61 1RP

CC Site, Brecon
LD3 7SH

I’ve tried this on a new Garmin Camper 760 using a camper profile of 5.0T 29ft long, 11ft high, 11ft wide and get routed through a streets signed as not suitable for HGV. From CF61 1RP it routes up Ham lane left into Boverton Rd, Right into Durell St, Right into High Street etc. The return journey is via High st, left into Boverton Rd, right into Ham lane.

Thanks if you get chance.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Even the biggest RV is only just over 8ft wide.
Satnavs are not great if you want to plan a route something like Copilot for £25 is far superior. Then use that route on your satnav.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had a similar problem with the earlier garmin 760 thing. It routed my RV (12 mtres 20 ton) through some very narrow lanes on Dartmoor to save 50 metres. I sent the route to garmin and to cut the story short sent the unit back to Amazon for a full credit. Tried Snooper with equal problems, go off route for a diversion for example and it reverts to car mode and got me stuck in Genoa. So that went out the window too.
I now use CoPilot Truck, great for the last 2 years.
11 ft wide, think you have an error there.

OP
OP
RandallC

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Yep long arm mirrors with quoted folded width of 7'9" + mirror at say 12" or so rounded to 10' and a bit of clearance to try and stop the thing routing down a road not appropriate for that width of vehicle. In some cases any vehicle.

Hope to find someone with a sat nav that works.

On the subject of the mirrors, having had one damaged they are a target for buses, lorries and of special interest to transits with side mounted panel carriers.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My last MH a US RV, mirror to mirror edge was 3 metres, so I would get a tape out. Also you have 2 CoPilot references here, look at the Truck version, run it on an android device.

OP
OP
RandallC

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
And the winner is!!!!!

A sales post suggests the width is approx 9'

Any other nav progs? 2 votes for co-pilot.

Cheers

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Having looked at that route purely using Street view I can't see how any of those roads are liable to cause you any problems. Durrell St is a bit narrow but it's one way. All the other roads are fine for a motorhome of your size surely? Certainly we wouldn't worry about travelling along that route. If this is purely about sat nav routes then I apologise.. But we have the camper one too and that routes fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back