Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
Hello campers,just joined what looks to be a busy forum. I brought my first mh about 6 months ago and its been parked ever since,about 3 weeks ago I quit my job sold or gave away all my possessions and have been living in my mh ever since. I'm slowly getting it ship shape and ready for the road and looking forward to a good read on here and hopefully some good advice. I've also invested in a security system but as he's only 11 weeks old it might be some time till hes up for the job! Sending my mh in to get solar fitted next week and then it should be independent enough to hit the road,I'm intending to do the UK and look to southern EU for next winter. Can't wait to get on the road with my little wingman and see the sights but most of all just to be free,happy camping everyone!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun, lots going on various blogs to read, try @dippingatoe a really interesting blog from a lady travelling with her dog. Lots of information on here do join in ask any questions you need and wishing you lots of fun on your new life style. :welc:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
A quick hello and welcome before you disappear off into the sunset :welc:

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Excellent.
Enjoy the fun on the road and on the forums too.
Exciting times ahead.
image.jpg

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
Hello from a fellow Kent resident :hi: Although it sounds like you won't be for much longer (y)

Hi scousebird sorry for the misinformation,just to clarify,my mh was stored at an aunties in Kent,I've just moved up from Poole where I lived for the last ten years,but i must confess to being a Kiwi thru and thru.

Thanks all for the replies,its good to see such a busy and successful forum,I can see me spending some serious time here!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, the best forum on the net for all your motorhome questions, life and the universe but be very careful as this site is also additive. (y)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Hi Kiwi

As a kiwi I can understand how you like the freedom bit, I am a scouser living in Kent,but not long got back from NZ plus a newby on here.:pinocchio::h:

First meet was in Chester at a food and drinks exhibition ,lovely to meet solo M/H, lot of help given yo me,was hoping yo get yo Peterbourgh but full,:drink::party2:,

I use to be a full timer for 10 years with my husband,now on my own but enjoy the life style,worth going to a few meets ad you can get a few tips before starting your journey.:france::cooler::imoutahere:

Enjoy it's a lovely life.:party2:

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
Hi welcome. What "type" of alarm is it?

He's a rottweiler crossed with a mastiff and proving his worth already,he's just been at the door barking at a very dodgy looking bee that was sizing up the mh...well done boy!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello_duck_by_greyofpta-d89fet6.jpg just calling to say "welcome" and I hope your dog is friendly as I like friendly dogs.

dog and duck.jpg

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
Hi Kiwi

As a kiwi I can understand how you like the freedom bit, I am a scouser living in Kent,but not long got back from NZ plus a newby on here.:pinocchio::h:

First meet was in Chester at a food and drinks exhibition ,lovely to meet solo M/H, lot of help given yo me,was hoping yo get yo Peterbourgh but full,:drink::party2:,

I use to be a full timer for 10 years with my husband,now on my own but enjoy the life style,worth going to a few meets ad you can get a few tips before starting your journey.:france::cooler::imoutahere:

Enjoy it's a lovely life.:party2:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
No Kiwi been 3 times,
Month in M/H the first time,plus tenting,just two weeks the second time,last time family not keen for me to go on my own.:madder::crying1:

So expensive,and I had a tramp type one,had always intended to do the figure of eight in Australia ,then on to N/Z ,but left it too late!!!!!
:crying1::crying1::crying1:
The last visit was on the South Island ,glad I did Arthur's pass by train,this time. My daughter tells me there is snow already on the mountains,getting colder earlier.

I don,t think pictures capture the beauty of NZ.:frowny::h::h:

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
I'm from the south (Dunedin) and I'm probably biased but its deffo the best part of the country especially the west coast.I was last there 5 years ago and I really appreciated it a lot more after a long absence,I guess you just take it all for granted growing up there. One thing I noticed was people leaving vehicles running while they popped into a shop,funny how you forget little things like that.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Never got that far down,but the Butterfly place has been recommended to me there ,the thought of midges like Scotland put me off a bit.
Will get there eventually Milford Sound as well

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
Never got that far down,but the Butterfly place has been recommended to me there ,the thought of midges like Scotland put me off a bit.
Will get there eventually Milford Sound as well

Can't say I've heard of the butterfly place,no midges down south really but the west coast is a different matter...

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I could find no reference to it , a NZ lady told me about it,if I ever manage to get that far down,which I will one day.

OP
OP
DomingoDeSantaClara

DomingoDeSantaClara

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none
I was talking to a friend in NZ a couple of days ago,apparently there's a butterflyarium (not sure if that's a word) at the Otago museum that you can walk thru,she said some of them are really beautiful and land on people as they walk thru.

Broken Link Removed

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Thanks will make a note of that for next time.

Are you still in Kent???
Had a lovely day on the beach at Deal today bit windy,dog enjoyed it too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back