Still dreaming (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
None yet
Hi all, what a great forum it might be a couple of years away but love the idea of a motorhome and have been on here a while (paid up) lurking and picking up tips. The other half is Pam and has a horse so we can't get away much at the moment so no point in getting a MH and not using it.
I feel like I know a few of you already and have seen a few posts I could have offered some advice (non MH) so thought it best I introduce us first.

Steve & Pam

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
An excellent tactic Steve. I took to following a MH forum (to keep sane) for 4 years before I retired and when the time came I was able to hit the gound running so to speak. I knew what model I wanted and what features and extras were necessary. Fortune shined and I was able to buy it privately when the time came.

Without the knowledge that you can pick up on a forum like FUN I would have been all at sea. Good luck I hope it is not too long.:)

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hiya,
Welcome to fun.
Why don't you get one of those posh Motorhome/ horse boxes. Best of both worlds. You can take the horse too then !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello_duck_by_greyofpta-d89fet6.jpg just calling to say welcome :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! Get a gypsy caravan hitched to the horse and take it with you! No need to have a MH to be a valued member here. :)

OP
OP
Steve and Pam
Nov 10, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
None yet
Hiya,
Welcome to fun.
Why don't you get one of those posh Motorhome/ horse boxes. Best of both worlds. You can take the horse too then !

Already got a 7.5T horse box with basic living BUT the SMELL pheweee :sicker:

Welcome! Get a gypsy caravan hitched to the horse and take it with you! No need to have a MH to be a valued member here. :)

Better idea at least the horse is not living inside with you:clap:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi and welcome :)

I've got 4 horses, the key is finding a great horse sitter (y) I look forward to my breaks away from the mucking out, but I don't like leaving them for longer than a week. I miss them too much! You'll find a way ;)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Steve and Pam.....we are doing the same, but keeping our options open between a MH and a caravan!

OP
OP
Steve and Pam
Nov 10, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
None yet
Hi and welcome :)

I've got 4 horses, the key is finding a great horse sitter (y) I look forward to my breaks away from the mucking out, but I don't like leaving them for longer than a week. I miss them too much! You'll find a way ;)
The problem is Pam is the "great horse sitter" for every one else on the yard, :swear2: and we have cut 2 holidays short over the last couple of years because the horse decided to lame itself and the person looking after it did not no "what to do":crying:
No point in moaning about it any more, I could always give her the ultimatum - It's me or the horse - then join the solo travellers:imoutahere:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
The problem is Pam is the "great horse sitter" for every one else on the yard, :swear2: and we have cut 2 holidays short over the last couple of years because the horse decided to lame itself and the person looking after it did not no "what to do":crying:
No point in moaning about it any more, I could always give her the ultimatum - It's me or the horse - then join the solo travellers:imoutahere:

Yep, sounds about right! Hahaha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back