LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We had our summer trip pretty much laid out..

Cornwall, then on to Malvern, then the Bring and Buy and finally oop North .. Then wend our way back to take in places like the Beamish etc

Then last week Maureens niece rang to say she is getting wed on August the 20th..

Ok, so we will have to knock Cornwall on the head, and Malvern too, but with a bit of effort the Bring and Buy was still well on the cards, and of course, all things from that event was good

Now we get the invitation through.

It is the 22nd, and taking place in Bury St Edmunds

So now we can no longer go to Cornwall ( no point.. it was purely to visit Maureen's sister who will be at the wedding )
Malvern is out as we would have had to drive there, do an about turn and drive all the way back home, And now the date of the wedding has been moved to the 22nd, so cannot get to the bring and buy either..

I guess we might still go up to Beamish and maybe end up in Scotland, but considering we have to be back about 3 weeks after the 22nd that is a long way to go for just a short stay in places

Pissed off ? Me ??
You betcha bottom boo boo I am :(:(:(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
At least you will still make it for midge season.
It's a pain when your plans need to be dramatically altered. Just try to make the best of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It happens to me all the time John, thats why I have stopped making plans. The minute I make plans to go anywhere something happens, unfortunately far more sinister than a wedding.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
There must be other people who've been invited , who'd already made plans . Holidays booked etc.
It's a bit short notice for a wedding . I think I'd be annoyed too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We had to go down to Devon Easter last year to Nice's wedding, wouldn't have been too bad, but we were between vans, had to delay picking up the new van (from Belgium) and had to pay for somewhere to stay, that was the bit that hurt.:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Best laid schemes of mice and men....

Know the feeling... Fingers crossed for the future :)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We had our summer trip pretty much laid out..

Cornwall, then on to Malvern, then the Bring and Buy and finally oop North .. Then wend our way back to take in places like the Beamish etc

Then last week Maureens niece rang to say she is getting wed on August the 20th..

Ok, so we will have to knock Cornwall on the head, and Malvern too, but with a bit of effort the Bring and Buy was still well on the cards, and of course, all things from that event was good

Now we get the invitation through.

It is the 22nd, and taking place in Bury St Edmunds

So now we can no longer go to Cornwall ( no point.. it was purely to visit Maureen's sister who will be at the wedding )
Malvern is out as we would have had to drive there, do an about turn and drive all the way back home, And now the date of the wedding has been moved to the 22nd, so cannot get to the bring and buy either..

I guess we might still go up to Beamish and maybe end up in Scotland, but considering we have to be back about 3 weeks after the 22nd that is a long way to go for just a short stay in places

Pissed off ? Me ??
You betcha bottom boo boo I am :(:(:(
Just so you know, there is a CL just outside of Bury in a gym located in Barrow ( 3 miles). Its in the Caravan club. Could be useful if staying over.
We too should have been on a 1 month cruise, had to cancel the day before due to family bereavement.
Phil

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Appreciate the heads up but as we live 11 miles from the venue I do not think we will bother with the motorhome LOL !!

Andddd...

A good friend has half ownership of a private site very near Bury that is actually now a Fun CL !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There must be other people who've been invited , who'd already made plans . Holidays booked etc.
It's a bit short notice for a wedding . I think I'd be annoyed too.

To be honest, if it was not this particular person getting wed I would have said sod it..

Sadly her mum ( Maureen's sister ) fell out with about half the family several years ago..
She is a lovely lady who went through some terrible testing times and again, sadly, did not fair too well over them.

This will be Maureens first chance ( and possibly the last ) to build the bridges that will lead to the sisterly relationship she enjoyed for so many years to be rebuilt.. So it is def not an event that we cam possibly pass up on

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Which site ?Im often asked
Phil

You know Phil I have absolutely NO idea what it is called !! My mate just pops over, we jump in the MH and follow him over !!

However..
Just foned my mate who has given me the details
It is called grange Farm Lodge and is at Wyverstone ( IP14 4SL ) ( so not quite as close to Bury as I thought LOL !! )
You can find it on pitchup.com if you search Wyverstone

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
last year all packed up ready to go. and the S/S dumped two great little kids on us. for three weeks. two days later the S/S turned up and took the kids back. court told them to return them. great kids pity about the adults.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Know exactly how you feel.
We have a 6 week trip planned ending in the Italian Motogp been really looking forward to it but at the moment there's a distinct possibility we might not be going.
Typical as we don't normally book anything just book a ferry few days before and head off who knows where. This time booked ferry 2 months ago bought tickets for races and paid for circuit camping, Bloody Typical eh!!
Hopefully circumstances will change got just over a week yet.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we wish you the best F boy. would not like to have to miss that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back