Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Could any member help with this question.
I live in France and have just started motorhoming in July last year, I would like to do a little fishing it may only be for 1 hour, (just a pastime/hobby), from any pier's or possibly a beach we may have stopped at on our journey,
The question is.... do I need a permit/ licence to fish around the coastline of France (NO inland No rivers lakes or ponds), I have spoken to both my neighbours ( who do a little fishing one sea boat one river) one neighbour said YES one neighbour said NO, so if they are not sure how am i to know one way or the other what is correct.
So I thought I would contact this Vast ammount of Information from motorhome-fun.....(I have asked one question already and been very pleased with the responce from all the kind motorhome-fun members sound advice and will do as they recomend) thank you.....Mel
Just hope I have asked the question in the correct department

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

I have done quite a bit of sea angling in France and you don't need a permit .. see here for regulations.

Link Removed

Good luck

Jim

Jim ....you are a Motorhome -Fun Treasure, thank you,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
ScotJimLand

You see Jim when you get mixed answers from both French neighbours you stop and think!!
But I do find in France the French people no matter what law or regulation is in force it does not include them (as I have been told many times not to worry about doing this or that )it must go back to Napoleon or the revolution they have some diploma or decree that has been handed down through the generations that makes them exempt and the hand shake is just a seal on the decree from Napoleon and not a welcome gesture I was led to believe before I came to France , I find them smashing, lovely people, caring, and helpful, (would not change them),and a beautiful country, BUT as I am visitor in there country and can not find any French blood in my Family Tree although my hairdresser that cut my hair in England his father was French and mother was English, it is only correct and proper I follow there laws and regulations to the letter.
So I would like to say thank you once again JIM

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I find them smashing, lovely people, caring, and helpful, (would not change them),and a beautiful country,

Hi

I agree 110% .. we spend a lot of time in France, last year from Feb thro Oct .. but I wouldn't want to live there permanently ..

Sea angling is good in Brittany, the Aire at Plouha (free) is next to the beach, you can fish off the slipway and rocks or beach cast, tired of that then you can pick oysters off the rocks at low tide ..

Further down try beach casting on the wild Atlantic coast..

see Google Map of RV Suitable Sites in signature and French Aires in MHF photo album

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

I agree 110% .. we spend a lot of time in France, last year from Feb thro Oct .. but I wouldn't want to live there permanently ..

Sea angling is good in Brittany, the Aire at Plouha (free) is next to the beach, you can fish off the slipway and rocks or beach cast, tired of that then you can pick oysters off the rocks at low tide ..

Further down try beach casting on the wild Atlantic coast..

see Google Map of RV Suitable Sites in signature and French Aires in MHF photo album

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim, we was there last September/October pebbly beach Plouha...know what you mean about the oysters...Mel

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

Hi, I do a lot of fishing in france, and this is the answer, for general sea fishing you don,t need a permit if you are not using your own boat. If you are using a boat then the boat needs insurrance and a log book just like a car. mabe that is why one france person said you need a permit and the other said know. For river, lake, and sea trout salmon etc you need a permit, this costs around 66 euros for the whole of france for one year. there are reducions for females for some odd reason and for short hoilday breaks etc. You can get information on river fishing from any fishing site and details of rivers come with the permit.
michael

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, I do a lot of fishing in france, and this is the answer, for general sea fishing you don,t need a permit if you are not using your own boat. If you are using a boat then the boat needs insurrance and a log book just like a car. mabe that is why one france person said you need a permit and the other said know. For river, lake, and sea trout salmon etc you need a permit, this costs around 66 euros for the whole of france for one year. there are reducions for females for some odd reason and for short hoilday breaks etc. You can get information on river fishing from any fishing site and details of rivers come with the permit.
michael

Hi I am sorry if I have misled you.....it is pier or beachcasting (more pier) fishing in France.. do I need a permit...thank you for your kind reply...Mel

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

HI, NO PERMIT NEEDED AT ALL FOR THIS TYPE OF FISHING.
michael

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back