Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Sue and I are heading for Twin Lakes next week, we will be leaving from Newhaven for Dieppe on Sunday morning April 26th. Is anyone else heading that way at the same time?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Another one we had hoped to go too.. :(

Give my regards to Garry... (y)

Have a good trip.. :nod: :clap:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We are going from Portsmouth-Caen, landing early on Thurs 29th, will be driving up to Le Mans then on to the RN10, probably stopping at an Aires such as Mansle or Couhé, depending how far we get. We normally just stop the once, going as far south as we can, but not too far as to be too tiring. So we should arrive at Twin Lakes on the evening of the 1st. It's a regular route for us.
Isn't the 26th in 2 weeks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
We're booked on the 29th. 9-00am Portsmouth to Cherbourg. Aiming to get to twin lakes mid morning of the 1st. Not sure which route yet or stopping points.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you had me worried there, we are going down as well, but leaving from our eldest daughters wedding in 2 WEEKS on the 25th, I thought you were going early, but then convinced myself the 26th was next week

So now I have recovered, yes we are, but due to quirk of geographical ineptitude on Bevs part and my overt compliance :rolleyes:, we go out on the Chunnel on the 26th, but end up at Twin Lakes via Holland

Don't ask I will tell you when we meet at Twin Lakes, although I have also started my next trip thread which might just mention it

See you in three weeks (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We are going from Portsmouth-Caen, landing early on Thurs 29th, will be driving up to Le Mans then on to the RN10, probably stopping at an Aires such as Mansle or Couhé, depending how far we get. We normally just stop the once, going as far south as we can, but not too far as to be too tiring. So we should arrive at Twin Lakes on the evening of the 1st. It's a regular route for us.
Isn't the 26th in 2 weeks?
Whoops, that thursday 30th!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sue and I are heading for Twin Lakes next week, we will be leaving from Newhaven for Dieppe on Sunday morning April 26th. Is anyone else heading that way at the same time?
Ok, now I've recovered from the shock! I'm struggling to get everything done in time for leaving in two weeks, never mind one!

We are going Dover - Calais with P&O Tues 28th. Currently booked at 15:40, but it has a degree of flexibility +/-4hrs. If we travel to the south of England on the Monday, we may sail earlier, or if it's a traffic delayed dash/crawl on the Tuesday, it might be later.

No firm plans yet for stopping places once across, but the plan is to arrive at Twin Lakes middle of Friday. Very happy to meet up with anyone en route if plans coincide.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back