Touring Mainland Greece - Servicing (water & waste) (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Booked the ferry and going to the Peloponnese & Western Greece will be there for just over four weeks from mid September.

I've had a look through Don's excellent post "An alternative winter destination".
Does anyone else have advice on servicing, by that I mean water supply waste disposal, as we prefer not to use sites as we like to get ourselves lost away from civilisation when possible.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Lately the Greeks have been clamping down on wild camping . And who could blame them as they need your money. ! Sites are not very expensive and the locals very welcoming. There will be a few places you might still be able to wild camp but few and far between . As for emptying you need a site . Blame the Germans for wild camping and dumping their black and grey water where it suits them ! Like the hedgerows :-((

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Doesn't sound too good, don't really like sites, looks like we will have to play it by ear. With a couple of 20Lt containers in the garage carry enough water for 4-5 days using shower every day and a spare loo cassette so can last 7-8 days before need to empty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just be aware they don't take too kindly to wild camping and they are lovely people but expect tourists to inject money into their economy . They look at expensive vans and feel aggrieved that you would not be prepared to pay for a site.

At the moment we are in Portugal and a French couple came on site and they had been fined €200 for wild camping. You can pay for a good few sites for that !!

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just be aware they don't take too kindly to wild camping and they are lovely people but expect tourists to inject money into their economy . They look at expensive vans and feel aggrieved that you would not be prepared to pay for a site.

At the moment we are in Portugal and a French couple came on site and they had been fined €200 for wild camping. You can pay for a good few sites for that !!
Are you saying they had been fined in Greece?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
No not in Greece . Here in a Portugal but just pointing out that more countries are now less tolerant of wild camping. As you can see I live in France and the country is set up with aires . Other countries are not and expect you to use camp sites .

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
HI Lenny
I am a new member and have just seen you post on Greece. We were there last year for six and a half weeks.
Let me know if you still need some more advice. We have the GPS of all places we stayed with other information. In the time we were there we only stayed in 4 campsites and the rest of the time we wild-camped or stayed at marina's which cost 5 euros per night including showers,power and water.
We had a great time there with the people friendly and hospitable.
Safe Travels
Ewout
www.travelbunyip.com

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Doesn't sound too good, don't really like sites, looks like we will have to play it by ear. With a couple of 20Lt containers in the garage carry enough water for 4-5 days using shower every day and a spare loo cassette so can last 7-8 days before need to empty.

"showering every day" what is wrong with you man! your washing away essential oils and bug fighting do das everyday!:cautious: what's wrong with a good rub down with rough hand towel at the sink...very invigorating..but don't over do it! once a week sufficient:giggle:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
"showering every day" what is wrong with you man! your washing away essential oils and bug fighting do das everyday!:cautious: what's wrong with a good rub down with rough hand towel at the sink...very invigorating..but don't over do it! once a week sufficient:giggle:

nothing like a wafty armpit or two to impress the French , they will think you are one of them:giggler:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
HI Lenny
I am a new member and have just seen you post on Greece. We were there last year for six and a half weeks.
Let me know if you still need some more advice. We have the GPS of all places we stayed with other information. In the time we were there we only stayed in 4 campsites and the rest of the time we wild-camped or stayed at marina's which cost 5 euros per night including showers,power and water.
We had a great time there with the people friendly and hospitable.
Safe Travels
Ewout
www.travelbunyip.com
Thanks for the heads up up, just had a look at your blog all good stuff with some nice photos.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks, I know their site, good to know they have been recently or there now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back