Tyres - pressures!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Just had four Continental Vanco tyres 215/75/16 fitted (excellent price local garage £480). The last ones lasted about 50000 miles and just over 5 years old.

Local garage inflated them to what Ford Transit suggest :- Front 3.5 bar Rear 4.75 bar

Had the van weighed fully loaded etc, contacted Continental who gave the pressures of :-
Front 3.0 bar (44 psi)
Rear 3.75 bar (55 psi)

Hell of a difference, what do you think?

ps, Always like to check things twice so contacted Continental couple days later and they again came up with 3.00 and 3.75

colyboy

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've gone with the Continental data sheet and now have 3.25 front and rear. They look slightly flat but ride much more comfy. I am working on the basis the tyre manufacturer knows what they are doing. Pressures stipulated by the vehicle manufacturer can't take into account different tyres from different manufacturers.

Sep 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Summer 2014
Pressures stipulated by the vehicle manufacturer can't take into account different tyres from different manufacturers.

That's an interesting POV...I've always, at least on cars, used the recommended pressures regardless of tyre make.

Using the same logic with the motorhome, if the tyres I fit have the same load and speed rating - and the same size, regardless of manufacturer I'll use the same pressure.

Having said that, I've just had 4 new tyres fitted and door shut sticker tells me it should be 79.5 lbs all round...tyre man was horrified!
Until I can weigh the motorhome I'm going to try 65lb all round.

I did ask if there were any other Autotrail Dakota owners for their pressures (or similar size and weight homes) but the thread is in tumbleweed land now <sniff!> :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back