Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Just recieve the e-mail below, its of no interest to me as I would never buy another m/h from them, and i smacks of desparation but i could be wrong, but there maybe a bargain for somone

good luck:thumb:

We are about to run National adverts on the best deals ever offered in the 30 year history of Brownhills

30% discounts on a whole series of models and around 100 Motorhomes with £Thousands off 09 prices and guaranteed to be absoluteluy beyond the reach of our competition

We are offering you a sneak preview of these prices and have loaded the advert, which will appear first in MMM in a couple of weeks - you can see the advert here

If now is not the right time for you to change your motorhome but you know someone who is thinking of changing - you could earn yourself £250 by referring your friend to us here . All we ask is that you refer your friend before they start discussions with us.

We now have all of our new vehicle stock available to search on the internet - it is a beta version but no-one else in the industry at retail offers this information; all vans shown are available for immediate delivery on an 09 registration plate. We also have around 250 pre-owned vans on the website for you to peruse if you so wish.

We only have around 300 new vans where we managed to protect the price and euro-exchange rate at pre-recession rates; because we can sell that many new vans often in a month - supply is very limited so please be warned (no offence), when they are gone, they are gone!

Best Regards

Brownhills Sales - all of us; Newark, Durham, Preston, Swindon and Kent

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Sorry didn't realise it hadn't copied try this Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
''We only have around 300 new vans where we managed to protect the price and euro-exchange rate at pre-recession rates; because we can sell that many new vans often in a month -''

Pardon me for being cynical, if I was selling that many vans a month I would not be 'giving' them away. More to this than meets the eye.

Peter

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
''We only have around 300 new vans where we managed to protect the price and euro-exchange rate at pre-recession rates; because we can sell that many new vans often in a month -''

Pardon me for being cynical, if I was selling that many vans a month I would not be 'giving' them away. More to this than meets the eye.

Peter
Too right Peter, 300 vans per month, well euro dropped in price just before Christmas. Thats err two months and 600 van sales ago, must have had a massive stock put by to still have 300 left, hee hee. Oh no forgot, they have returns of 300 per month, ha ha

Last edited:

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
We had an E-Mail too. Would not touch Brownhills again with a barge pole ,and would not recommend them to anyone.
Betty

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I know nothing of Brownhills but if I were on the market for a new van and if it's a genuine 30% reduction I wouldn't care what their after sales was like..

30% of £40 k buys a of extra goodies or could finance your first big trip .. :winky:

the operative word being 'genuine'

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I know nothing of Brownhills but if I were on the market for a new van and if it's a genuine 30% reduction I wouldn't care what their after sales was like..

30% of £40 k buys a of extra goodies or could finance your first big trip .. :winky:

the operative word being 'genuine'

Got to agree with you there, I bought my RV from Brownhills i new the service was poor but the savings i made where huge :thumb::thumb:, I have saved enough to take it where i want to get better service.
I have found that the service at the birtley branch is excellant they are the exact oppisite to the newark lot.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
:cry: Nothing in my price range.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, only trouble is are they genuine savings ??The first one I looked at was on a tribune just over 28k but there are some new ones on offer from a dealer on ebay for 2750k ????? perhaps Peter could do a quick comparison on some swift models that he is selling ??after all would you buy from B/H when you could buy elsewhere for even lower :ROFLMAO:
What ever happened to they are all sold before making them claims :ROFLMAO:
BTW if anyone wants a bespoke PVC doing and pays for it before making give me a call :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Called into a Brownhills site today to see these very special offers did not see any new Swifts or any other of the offers.
All new stock about 98% Hymer of which they do have a lot of stock.
I would have liked a new Swift Bolero EK for £31,995!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Called into a Brownhills site today to see these very special offers did not see any new Swifts or any other of the offers.
All new stock about 98% Hymer of which they do have a lot of stock.
I would have liked a new Swift Bolero EK for £31,995!

Hi Buccaneer,

I am sure we can do a deal there, I take it you will be happy with our p/x value on yours:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh we do have 2009 stock available:thumb:

Peter

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
hi Guys

just had a thought, maybe Brownhill are having this "big sale" because they are struggleing, well they won't be the only ones. Remember if you were to buy a new or new to you M/H and pay a deposit and the company your buying off goes bust, you'll almost certainly lose your deposit, there proberbly away of safe gaurding your deposit but i'll leave that to the better informed.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We went to Newark today a lot of MANAGERS SPECIALS but all over £30000
Not for the bargain hunters although they have a Campers4U spot now for motorhomes too good to trade ,as it says on the board from £8995
Mind I did see a nice Bessecar but it was £36000 bit more than I wold like to pay and a fair few Hymers again not cheap, but hey ho somebody out there must have some money

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I mailed them back saying I'm definitely interested in XXX, please phone me asap...

...perhaps they don't work Sundays or perhaps I didn't get either the hab or the mech service done by them...

or perhaps they're sold out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Don`t worry they will be on you like a plague of locusts when somebody reads the e mail:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:they still want sales

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Another email from Brownhills just come in
We sent you an email on Saturday and this is just an update.

"Our office has been inundated by over 1,000 replies and we think that of our total weekend sales of all models, we have sold about 15 vans off the list in the total of all our sales this weekend

The purpose of this email is to say that amongst the 1000 or more replies, we recieved 7 complaints and around 20 requests not to be sent email promotions. To the latter, this should be the last email from us and please accept our profuse apologies - we do not buy data so we only got your email address because you gave it to us in the first place but we are happy (well happy is the wrong word but we are willing lets say) to remove your email from any future mailings.

Regarding the 7 complaints - 6 were service related and 1 was to do with no return call on a sales enquiry - we are told all 7 have been contacted and where possible, we would aim to resolve any outstanding concerns quickly i.e. hours not days. 10 months ago we had a lot of outstanding issues but we thought we had dealt with them all - clearly not and we assure those who took the trouble to reply, that we will do what we can to clear up any issues between us. We can't promise to make everyone happy all the time but we can at least listen and respond. Please bear with us while we try. For any other issues - we are happy to engage and all we ask is that you contact us through the submit a ticket button on the website homepage - we like to use that system because it times the query, distributes it to the proper people and we can't get it off system until its replied to.

The sneak preview strategy has worked better than we thought - let's say right from the start that apart from the 15 or so already sold - every one of the 80 odd vans featured is at one of our sites somewhere and if you want to know where exactly - all you have to do is search on our new vehicle search facility - we have over 320 vans in stock, a substantial number are 09 models but many are 08 with little or no specification difference but a huge price advantage. If you have any difficulties getting through - please ping us a reply right here, whatever the subject and we will jump right on it.

You can still see the advert here

And if now is not the right time for you, please think of our recommend a friend link and do them a favour. Around a dozen people already did over the weekend and if we havent called to say thank-you, we soon will. You could earn yourself £250 by referring your friend to us here . All we ask is that you refer your friend before they start discussions with us.

Best Regards

Brownhills Sales - all of us; Newark, Durham, Preston, Hymer, Swindon and Kent

We drew your email from our webcontact database and if you asked to be removed, we will do that this week. If you wrote back to complain - we have already been in touch and if we are wrong - please reply to this email and we will get right on it. For the remaining 1000 or so replies - we are working through the messages and please forgive the delay.

SO

Make no mistake - this is a dead genuine offer; all vans are in stock right now; please check the new search on the website to see where they are parked.

If you want a 09 or a 08 van - it makes no difference to us; if we have it in stock or pipeline build at one of our many manufacturers - here's our cast iron promise; get a quote from your local dealer and we will smash it. Put it to the test - talk is cheap but we put our money where our mouth is. Our business model is changing - by offering huge discounted offers to our customers ensuring they don’t pay over the odds for what is the same vehicle with minimal changes then we see that as a customer service. Ask yourself what other retailers are doing to ensure the price to change doesn’t grow so big that only the very fortunate few can buy new vehicles - the answer is "nothing". At the same time - we are investing time and energy and money in aftersales - we accept we grew too fast and service got lost along the way but forget the past and judge us today for todays service not all our yesterdays. Have a great day and here's to affordable motorhoming."

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO::thumb: only time will tell :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
I'v had a pm from someone on this site whos name is Geoff and he works for Brownhills.He asks if he can help with the problems we had with Brownhills .Is this allowed?
Betty

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
I'v had a pm from someone on this site whos name is Geoff and he works for Brownhills.He asks if he can help with the problems we had with Brownhills .Is this allowed?
Betty

Why not swift monitor this site... and respond , go puplic with it though then we
all get to see , worts and all.:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This is only a suggestion :ROFLMAO: why not get Brownhills to get in touch with Jim to become trade members and work from there :thumb:
terry

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
This is only a suggestion :ROFLMAO: why not get Brownhills to get in touch with Jim to become trade members and work from there :thumb:
terry

Good Idea.....he's then a trade member as well as a member if I got that correct :Doh:
might be good to get the opinions/replys from the horse's mouth as it where.

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi all, only trouble is are they genuine savings ??The first one I looked at was on a tribune just over 28k but there are some new ones on offer from a dealer on ebay for 2750k ????? perhaps Peter could do a quick comparison on some swift models that he is selling ??after all would you buy from B/H when you could buy elsewhere for even lower :ROFLMAO:
What ever happened to they are all sold before making them claims :ROFLMAO:
BTW if anyone wants a bespoke PVC doing and pays for it before making give me a call :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

The flyer says 35% discount "0n 2009 equivalent model prices". So they are selling 2008 models, and giving a "discount" off the price an equivalent 2009 model would be after the drop in value of the pound.

That is stretching the word "discount" more than a bit!

G

geoffw

Deleted User
betty, i am her as private individual so that there is no company bias, i have a pride in the company and want if possible to resolve problems. there is no hidden agenda, perfectly happy to discuss on the forum, by e-mail, or phone.
If you feel you have a problem let me know

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back