Bulb replacement kit (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are off to europe this summer and we need to buy a bulb replacement kit. We have a chausson flash 510 year 2014. Tried to google kits but it seems to be either a H4 or H7? Also i read that you need different blubs for the converter part of the van.

What the best to do a generl bulb replacement kit and hope they all do, or individual bulbs. If individual how do i find out which are needed. There seems to be so many (n)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We are off to europe this summer and we need to buy a bulb replacement kit. We have a chausson flash 510 year 2014. Tried to google kits but it seems to be either a H4 or H7? Also i read that you need different blubs for the converter part of the van.

What the best to do a generl bulb replacement kit and hope they all do, or individual bulbs. If individual how do i find out which are needed. There seems to be so many (n)

It is usuly cheaper to buy thew bulbs individually but I did buy a ser.. unfortunately mine is a PVC so all stock bulbs and easy to find a kit whereas yours I guess won't have standard bulbs all round. Do the MFR do a kit?

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
I carry a 'selection' of bulbs. Two kits from Aldi, one H4 and one H7. I'm sure there will be a bulb for every occasion. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have carried the same set for donkeys years when we go abroad.. Absolutely NO idea if any of them fit the new van !
But god forbid I actually get stopped and asked to produce the kit I can ...

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
So i take it buy a cheapish bulb kit for carrying. Then if a bulb goes buy the individual one that is needed?

In the book there are so many, do you really need a replacement for all of them or just the main ones?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Consider this.. An awful lot of rear bulbs are not.. they are LED's ..

I would suggest a 21w indicator bulb ( An orange one. If the lens get smashed you can swap the bulb and be perfectly legal until you get a chance to replace the lens )
A replacement headlight bulb ( but even some of those you cannot replace without a team of double jointed midgets with special tools !! ) and that is really about it.
With that in mind.. get the cheapest 'kit' you can and forget about it !

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
The one you want is always missing ! :cry:

We have just bought a 'universal set' and only hope we wont need them but if we do and they aren't fit for purpose, we will be able to sort things out :cautious::cautious: :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There is now no compulsory requirement to carry a spare set of bulbs anywhere in Europe except Croatia.

But....all lights must work at all times and on the spot fines for those not working.

HID headlamp bulbs should not be changed by anyone not conversant with them....it can be lethal if care isnt taken.
the voltage needed to run them is around 28000volts....yes, twenty eight thousand volts.
And the voltage is present in the electronics for a while after the lights are turned off....you would only touch that once.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do you really need a replacement for all of them or just the main ones?
Only compulsory road lights.

Stop/tail, front and rear indicators (inc ones on the side of the wing or in the mirror) number plate lamps, rear fog lights, front side lights and headlamps.

High level markers (front or rear) and front fog lights dont apply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back