LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Finally I HAVE GOT IT :LOL:hope to start converting it in the next 3 weeks (y)I bought it a couple of weeks ago but been waiting for the bumper etc colour coding (y)Just got to finish this old bus and get it off my drive then get rid of the Ambulance I bought to convert before this turned up -Then we will have a good crack at the relay (y)Already got the first job in mind ,that;s to disconnect the security locks on the side and front doors-Bloody pain if you get out and leave keys inside and the door shuts -bingo locked out :(Will give it a good looking at once all the inside is stripped ready for insulation
terry
P1030390.JPG

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Finally I HAVE GOT IT :LOL:hope to start converting it in the next 3 weeks (y)I bought it a couple of weeks ago but been waiting for the bumper etc colour coding (y)Just got to finish this old bus and get it off my drive then get rid of the Ambulance I bought to convert before this turned up -Then we will have a good crack at the relay (y)Already got the first job in mind ,that;s to disconnect the security locks on the side and front doors-Bloody pain if you get out and leave keys inside and the door shuts -bingo locked out :(Will give it a good looking at once all the inside is stripped ready for insulation
terryView attachment 58827

Can't wait to see it progressing. Will you disconnect all the locks or just one so you can always get back in but there is some 'security'

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Already got the first job in mind ,that;s to disconnect the security locks on the side and front doors-Bloody pain if you get out and leave keys inside and the door shuts -bingo locked out
Nice looking van there Terry & should make a great conversion.(y)

As regard to the security locks, would it not be better to secure a spare key somewhere safe outside the van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Looking forward to seeing the conversion in progress - and the finished masterpiece :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Color coding looks good. So does that gate, did it come as a kit. Now tell me you live next door;)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Terry, added the reg number to your Bash ticket info mate ! (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can't wait to see it progressing. Will you disconnect all the locks or just one so you can always get back in but there is some 'security'
Not sure yet still got to get paperwork and spare keys sorted come Monday

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nice looking van there Terry & should make a great conversion.(y)

As regard to the security locks, would it not be better to secure a spare key somewhere safe outside the van?
AGAIN NOT HAD TIME TO LOOK INTO ANYTHING YET -AT THIS stage not even sure if the vans locks can be re instated

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, added the reg number to your Bash ticket info mate ! (y)
It may change to my Private reg yet John :D T37RYS not sure which vehicle it's going on yet -will see if I am happy with the layout as I am thinking of changing it from my old Ambulance one -if I don't like it then it's good bye relay ;)Hello new van :)
terry

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hope we get to see pics of the step by step progress....I love to see a man a work!! :clap2:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
First post 9.12 am.

Now 5.27 pm.

Is it finished yet?

JJ :cool:
NOT EVEN LOOKED AT IT-it's parked out side and not turned a wheel -Until this bus is done and off the drive I am not looking at it or I will crash into the van and leave the bus (I wont take a lot of persuading:D)
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Once we start I will get lots of pics and day by day progress -I may well have to get some insulation into it,board it out and throw in a bed for Whitby :)or I won't have anywhere to kip
terry

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Looking forward to your updates!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Color coding looks good. So does that gate, did it come as a kit. Now tell me you live next door;)
Nope Buttons my gate -leccy sliding and the front of the white van is the bus/shed we are doing -the Ambulance for sale is at the other side hiding behind the bus :)the little black A CLASS MERC IS MINE AND ALSO GOING UP FOR SALE -AND THE VITO IS OUT OF PIC
TERRY

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Terry, This may be not what you had in mind but we have Vauxhall (aka Traffic) and if you lock the vehicle with side door open it locks the others but leaves the side door free, which can be locked manually from inside - not sure but think it disarms the alarm???
John

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, This may be not what you had in mind but we have Vauxhall (aka Traffic) and if you lock the vehicle with side door open it locks the others but leaves the side door free, which can be locked manually from inside - not sure but think it disarms the alarm???
John
When I get around to looking at it I will have a better idea on how it all works -we are not on the bus tomoz- I have to pick some bits up and then come next Sunday we are confident it will be finished and I will ask owner if I can put some pics on here of it being done and finished - I can make a start on the insulation in the relay early this week but it will be a pain because it is out on the road -Once the bus goes I can get it onto my drive (y) that will make things a lot easier -:D

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
nice to see things going well for you. looking forward to seeing you soon.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Looks like a great base van ,what is the internal length behind the front seats ? (See you shouldn't tease us)..........Martin:) (y)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Looks a great van (y)
Looking forward to the progression pics (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Looks like a great base van ,what is the internal length behind the front seats ? (See you shouldn't tease us)..........Martin:) (y)
Hi Martin I have not checked it yet :eek:I will get a tape out and measure it today (y)post the sizes later this morning along with a pic or two -Normally I would have been all over it by now but the priority has been to get this bus off my drive so I can get the van on and make a start -as things stand both bus and ambulance are on drive so no room for the van-After next weekend the bus will be complete and hopefully the ambulance gone then I can make a start insulating the relay through the week only to break off for Whitby weekend and after that crash on with it ready for John Jaws do in about 4/5 weeks after that -Hopefully in a completed van or at least almost complete -A few things I have not yet got but can add later.Got to sort upholstery (not a problem (y)but saucing/matching the material may be)and a bit of welding for the swivel seat bases that are out of my hands -I am also wanting the doors edge-binding rather than the knock in edging so that may be a "bind":)I may have to use the knock in edging and make some more doors as and when the edge binder man can fit me in -I don't know him it's a mate of a mate and after Ralph's kitchen fitter mate let him down :(--who knows :D
terry

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Deadlocking on motorhomes is dangerous. Ours is quite rightly disabled.

How do you get out in the case of a fire?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Deadlocking on motorhomes is dangerous. Ours is quite rightly disabled.

How do you get out in the case of a fire?
Hadn't thought of that. We deadlock every night before alarming it.

Deleted User
Hi Terry looking forward to see the developments on the new van. I still haven't decided what to do with mine yet and may be back in touch.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jon or Shell :)I have not gone into it all yet but all the doors open from inside as normal --it's the outside that if the door shuts it's locked and the door handles don't operate so you need a key to get in -I have yet to go and get spare keys and all paperwork etc so will know more once I go do that -or I take the door panels off and have a look as to how they are connected-(y)
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back