A seller to beware of, perhaps (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As many of us buy online where bargains are to be had, here is a company who go out of their way to be friendly.... read their conditions
A company I shall avoid.
::

Alan

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I bought something from them but memory fails me. It was as with most of their items something no one else stocks so you take the risk. I cannot say I had a bad experience.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Website looks incredibly amateur and some of the wording suggests that whoever created it doesn't have English as a first language.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
There is a thread running on another forum but you have to be a subscriber to read it.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I needed a lock they were the only ones that had it ordered on done bank transfer for I think around £10 early after none arrived next day first post
bill

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I don't see the problem, their site says if you order wrongly and return the goods then you pay a handling charge and postage which seems fair to me if you made the mistake. If your order was fulfilled wrongly by them then they will either replace at their cost or fully refund your money. So you cock up you pay, they cock up they pay. What is the problem with this please?

D.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just done a whois. It is registered in the UK but via an anonymous reseller.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't see the problem, their site says if you order wrongly and return the goods then you pay a handling charge and postage which seems fair to me if you made the mistake. If your order was fulfilled wrongly by them then they will either replace at their cost or fully refund your money. So you cock up you pay, they cock up they pay. What is the problem with this please?

D.

Personally if I made a mistake I would expect to pay to return the goods - plus an admin charge.... faulty goods are another matter of course.

Glad to know that some members have used them and found them good.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well exactly Dave - they tell it exactly as it is.

UK Consumer Law does indeed allow you to cancel anything 'distance sold' within however long - BUT !!!! the Seller applying a handling charge is most certainly not against that Law.

Fair enough. We both know where we stand !

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
If you can read the other forum its quite enlightening especially their interpretation of customer service.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
If you can read the other forum its quite enlightening especially their interpretation of customer service.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You can copy & paste the relevant points "text" without causing a conflict of interest (no links)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The only things I would really quibble about is this:

• Goods returned must be received within one calender MONTH OF DATE OF INVOICE, or refunds will not be made.
When they say the invoice is emailed to you as a confirmation of order but at that point you don't know when you will receive the goods? If they have to order from elsewhere it could be more than a month. I would hope that they would let you know that but would they?

Also
  • DUE TO PAYPAL DISPUTE PROCEDURES, EACH PAYPAL TRANSACTION WILL CARRY A DISPUTE CHARGE, THE AVERAGE BEING 0.70P
So you have to pay extra because paypal charge for dispute resolution - even if you do not raise a dispute?

Anyway I have not ordered from them and maybe will never have to.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They sound like a company I would not want to deal with. Refunds only despatched on the last day of the month!
They must have a lot of unhappy customers, otherwise why would they put the following in their T's and C's
  • AGGRESIVE OR FOUL MOUTHED CUSTOMERS, THEIR ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED AND TREATED AS A GOODS RETURNED CORRECT TO ORDER CANCELLATION, AND A 20% RESTOCKING CHARGE WILL APPLY.
Nice

Allan

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Well exactly Dave - they tell it exactly as it is.

UK Consumer Law does indeed allow you to cancel anything 'distance sold' within however long - BUT !!!! the Seller applying a handling charge is most certainly not against that Law.

Fair enough. We both know where we stand !
Would have to beg to differ.
Under Consumer Contracts Regulations (which subsumed Distance Selling Regulations last year) the seller is not allowed to charge a restocking fee.

Attachments

• consumer-contracts-information-cancellation-and-additional-payments-regulations-2013.pdf
    284.7 KB · Views: 3

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They sound like a company that has had enough of customers taking the 'P" In fact the rules look like they have been added piecemeal after each dispute they've had :rofl: While their unreasonable refund procedure would make me ensure I ordered the right bits, but unless I really had to.... I'd not be ordering from them, they sound anything but customer focussed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back