LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We are thinking about changing the MH and considering purchasing a PVC. Our ideal van would have 2 fixed single beds, front dinette, travel seats for 4 (inc driver) in a van under six metres in length.

We thought no such PVC (or coachbuilt) existed that would exactly match the spec. Plenty at 6.4m long; but we really wanted to stick with 6m to fit comfortably on the drive at home without blocking access for other vehicles.

Anyway, we've found one which was launched in January by Globecar - the Globestar 600L

Broken Link Removed

It appears to consist of the sleeping accommodation of the existing 'Campscout', married to the bathroom, kitchen and dinette of the existing compact 'Roadstar R'.

We have made inquiries and gather there are none in the UK yet, but we're lined up to view asap.

Does anybody know of any other PVCs with fixed singles and travel seats for 4 at maximum 6 metres length?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Like this ? Saved on my ebay watchlist as I thought it looked like great value !

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Like this ? Saved on my ebay watchlist as I thought it looked like great value !

Broken Link Removed

Yes, that Hymer Car 372 does look very nice indeed. However, it is 6.4 metres long, rather than 6m, unfortunately. But thanks for the link.

Mike

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
ah ok, ebay listed at 19'6" when I converted came back at 5.99m.

I should know better than to trust a ebay seller !

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I thought your existing van was a cracker Mike but have to say these manufacturers are getting very good at building the Tardis so to speak.

Jackie I have just purchased twin singles in our new MoHo but not in a 6M van. Best of luck, looks good.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Well I thought your existing van was a cracker Mike but have to say these manufacturers are getting very good at building the Tardis so to speak.

Jackie I have just purchased twin singles in our new MoHo but not in a 6M van. Best of luck, looks good.

Yes, we've been very pleased with our current MH - Chausson Flash S2 - which is also 5.99m. Certainly a bit tardis-like inside. But it's coming up to it's fifth birthday this year, and we now really want a van with the comfortmatic gearbox. And we'd like to down-size a little with a PVC, but still prefer the precise layout mentioned.

I bet your new motorhome is a bit tasty! :)

Cheers to you both, Mike (and Sue)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
These 6.0m vehicles could be left with twin beds made up but I think you would have to eat on trays on your lap! Someone has also reported here recently very poor quality on a vehicle from this manufacturer - of the "should never have left the factory" sort. Broken Link Removed

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
As a Globecar owner I'd vote for the Globecar........... however......... be warned that on that model it is likely to be an electric fridge only:eek:

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
As a Globecar owner I'd vote for the Globecar........... however......... be warned that on that model it is likely to be an electric fridge only:eek:

Yes, it is an electric fridge. Again, I think we can manage that, but appreciate you mentioning it.

Mike

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Globecar would be our first choice of PVC-excellent fit and finish(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back