Coast-steering anyone ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Charlotte is away this week till Thursday on an adventure coarse with the Army Cadets, doing coast-steering, mountain biking, hiking etc .. in Snowdonia National Park.. at Capel Curig

Never heard of it until she told me she would be doing it this week .. had a vague idea but had to Google it.. looks scary to me.. :Eeek:

What a brilliant experience .. and fantastic time she will have.. she loves the Cadets..

will post photos if I get any on FB..

missing her already..

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
And a great character building exercise Jim. She will have a great time but if there's one thing you can say about the way the Cadets are run nowadays, she will be safe even when she is carrying out the more 'extreme' looking aspects of the course. Good on her and good on those who give of their time to provide the training. (y)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Looks like another activity I won't be doing in this lifetime.BUT!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Never heard of it either....... after a little Googling I can confirm that I shall be giving a Circumnavigation of the UK a miss :rolleyes:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I thought it was going to be you driving the new van round all the coastline Jim :)

that would be a great trip.. have thought about it a few times.. maybe one day .. also heard of people doing it in stages over a few years..

just checked the distance.. just over 11,000 miles. who would have though that ..

from wiki,,, the Ordnance Survey, records the coastline of the main island, Great Britain, as 11,072.76 miles rounding to 11,073 miles (17,820 km).

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
that would be a great trip.. have thought about it a few times.. maybe one day .. also heard of people doing it in stages over a few years..

just checked the distance.. just over 11,000 miles. who would have though that ..

from wiki,,, the Ordnance Survey, records the coastline of the main island, Great Britain, as 11,072.76 miles rounding to 11,073 miles (17,820 km).
Get a TV company to sponsor you and you could be the new Neil Oliver, Jim. You've got a start with the accent :)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

It would certainly make a good series of programmes for one of the many free channels needing to fill broadcast time Jim. Canal travel seems to be up there at the moment.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Had many good camps at Capel Curig, last one was with the Gurkhas who had to sleep under canvas what an amazing people and so polite met up with them socially at the little pub up the road and they were immaculate in their slacks and blazers and regimental ties all drinking soft drinks ,then back at camp playing their little pipes ,they were up and gone at 5 oclock every morning mountain climbing then canoeing .bit of a difference to our motley crew :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!