Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
You know, the one you'll buy when the lottery smiles upon you and not just those lucky buggers who keep winning the Euro raffle.

Here's my shortlist:

Carthago Highliner 50
Carthago Chic S plus
Burstner Aviano i728G
Concorde Credo/Carver 791

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Now that's a good question, Variomobil Star on MAN or Merc truck chassis but running sub 7.5 tonne and just under 8 metres, air suspension diff lock and jacks, lots of solar and a couple of big Gel batteries. Not that I have given this any thought of course.

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
If the lottery smiled on me I would not be buying a motorhome, There would be lots of other things to buy. Given that, I should think that most people buy the motorhome that suits what they want to do with it, what's the point of spending money on the biggest and the best if that's not what you want.
However, not to be a miserable spoil sport I would buy a Hymer that I could have tailored to my needs. The MH in the pic on the left is our last one, just bought a new one.
Etap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
You know, the one you'll buy when the lottery smiles upon you and not just those lucky buggers who keep winning the Euro raffle.

Here's my shortlist:

Carthago Highliner 50
Carthago Chic S plus
Burstner Aviano i728G
Concorde Credo/Carver 791

Simon, that's a great list but I'd need a full time chauffeur as I wouldn't have the bottle to drive any of them:crying1:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Big American RV with a pusher diesel as they are much quieter.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I think they're all under 8 metres so they *should* be drivable pretty much anywhere. I'd give it a good go anyway :)

And I'd enjoy watching you, but it's the overall size and value that scares the shorts of me :LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh, did I mention it would be big, no I mean REALLY big and we would be driving it exclusively in Canada/USA. :D

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Well, not a lottery win but many years of hard work and piling money into the pension fund but we now have our dream van sitting on the drive.
Our new Carthago Chic.
Just need to be able to get away now to enjoy it. Hopefully it won't be long and we will be off over the water. :)

Richard.

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Quite happy with the one we have 750 Bailey does it all for us. It has 4 wheels , 4 beds, goes from here to there at a good MPG and is very comfortable, with all the mod cons..... Couldn't ask for more, so OH says we don't need a new one and anyway we will probably never will win the lottery, so simples! Think about what else I could spend the money on, Harley, Gold wing , Yacht, Lotus, a house in the Caribbean.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The one in our avatar , since new 4 1/2 years ago it's been the dogs b's (y)
As much as we love the big RVs this is a go anywhere (almost) RV .

Nowt like the pleasure of knowing you've got it right Larry and good on you, in seven vans we've only got it right (for us) in one case an old Herald which was perfect (for us)!(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Quite happy with the one we have 750 Bailey does it all for us. It has 4 wheels , 4 beds, goes from here to there at a good MPG and is very comfortable, with all the mod cons..... Couldn't ask for more, so OH says we don't need a new one and anyway we will probably never will win the lottery, so simples! Think about what else I could spend the money on, Harley, Gold wing , Yacht, Lotus, a house in the Caribbean.

If you win 1010 an invite would be nice....but before we came to the house in the Caribbean, how many servants mate, Mrs BB doesn't do washing up anymore (she's got me):(:D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
:pinocchio:
Bertie , If I win it will be a bloody miracle to equal the 5 fishes, or was it loaves, dam memory, but certainly an invitation will be forthcoming. Forgot how many servants but you and I could take it in turns on the washing up, my OH says it's therapeutic or some such:clap2::Eeek:

The Euromillions syndicate I am part of at work won twice in a week last month...on a Tues £2.90 and on the Friday £2. 70...how good is that eh?:D
Re: therapeutic, is that like when we've got red, sore and cracked hands and they're going for a manicure?:mad:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I well remember in the early years of the lottery, them interviewing several of the first £1m winners.

Only ONE seemed to have it just right. He invested it asap and they sat quietly contemplating what to do. Meanwhile the interest more than paid for an excellent lifestyle. Later they sold their existing house and bought what they wanted, where they wanted it. Ditto their cars. They didn't spend all the interest though, so that was also gaining interest. That now enabled them to eg fly off to the Caribbean or wherever first class, some time in a hired villa with staff or whatever they wanted, some time in a hired, crewed yacht - whatever. If they fancied a Rolls Royce to go from A to B - they hired it. It may sound expensive, but because the yacht wasn't eating their money in berthing fees and retained crew for the other 50 (or whatever) weeks of the year - it wasn't - in comparison. Same applied to the villa, the Roller and anything else they fancied.

So - would we actually want or need to buy a motorhome?

I'll have to let you know when we win !!

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Re: therapeutic, is that like when we've got red, sore and cracked hands and they're going for a manicure?:mad:
You got it in one Bertie, I reckon it's in their jeans, cos it appears to me that the females have got it made, not only do we end up doing the chores, but we end up paying them, to allow us to do them ,( the chores I meant) and get the sore red cracked and chapped hands .
I mean, I am all for equality, but I have been trying for years to get mine on the end of a shovel, but her indoors keeps telling me I have never had it so good, cos she allowed me to buy her the Bailey:pinocchio:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Ah well I've got my tube of neutrogena which I'll share with you mate.....and of course the experienced man only use Fairy.........................'for hands that do dishes etc'. Remember that ad? A lass and her daughter at the sink (OK ladies form an orderly queue here:reel:) discussing the relative merits of bubbles....those were the days eh 1010....Bertie sighs and covertly looks at the dishwashers on the Miele website.:D

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Bertie sighs and covertly looks at the dishwashers on the Miele website.:D
Oh Bertie, my mate , won't the your better half let you have one ! I meant dishwasher:Eeek: and yes I do remember fancying the mum she was a looker, I if remember rightly, I got a backhander from her who has got to be obeyed, for looking!:crying: Anyway that was then, now it's much worse as she won't let me have the fairy, I have to use the Lidl stuff, hence the chapped 'andies, so keep the neutrogena handy PLEASE !

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Oh Bertie, my mate , won't the your better half let you have one ! I meant dishwasher:Eeek: and yes I do remember fancying the mum she was a looker, I if remember rightly, I got a backhander from her who has got to be obeyed, for looking!:crying: Anyway that was then, now it's much worse as she won't let me have the fairy, I have to use the Lidl stuff, hence the chapped 'andies, so keep the neutrogena handy PLEASE !

Don't plan on being in the house too long when I retire finally...in 77 weeks 1 day 23 hours 37 minutes and 30 seconds.
Had it down to 50 weeks but I'm staying on now.:cry:
Your memory re washing up Lady spot on.......nice:sneaky:. Not as nice as the OXO ad Lady:sneaky::sneaky:, but nice nevertheless.
Neutrogena from Amazon...cheaper than Lidl smeg by a country mile if bought in bulk...............and to keep this on thread... We'll be having a shed load in our new van!!:D

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Bought a new pair of rubber gloves to use in our new MH! Fairy platinum great for dishwashing but although the advert says fairy keeps your hands soft it also softens your nails hence the gloves! My dream motor home would have a dishwasher and garage for clothes and shoes! :LOL::whistle::reel:

Kath

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bought a new pair of rubber gloves to use in our new MH! Fairy platinum great for dishwashing but although the advert says fairy keeps your hands soft it also softens your nails hence the gloves! My dream motor home would have a dishwasher and garage for clothes and shoes! :LOL::whistle::reel:

Kath

Kath............................you mean.....H doesn't wash up.......at all.....ever?:Eeek:
Your's has those things plus a full sized washer dryer plumbed in.....................don't be so coy!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back