Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We are going on our first trip very soon in our first Motorhome. We have a 2004 swift Kon tiki. Probably a daft sounding question to you experts but how do you guys connect Motorhome to mains water when on the "super" pitches. What's needed and how'd it done?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
When I had the caravan we had a ball cock for the aquaroll that connected to a service point to give 'mains' water. I'm sure such a thing must exist for mohos

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
When I had the caravan we had a ball cock for the aquaroll that connected to a service point to give 'mains' water. I'm sure such a thing must exist for mohos

That's what I was wondering. Probably the same principle. That's the kind of set up we used on a caravan years ago.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
RVs have a city water connection, you plumb in the supply and use like home.. pump is switched off.

You could do the same with a Eurovan.. but you would need a pressure control valve as the pipework may not take the mains pressure.. which of course varies fromm site to site .

A ballcock in the tank would also work.. but I've never heard of anyone fitting one,.. frankly, more work than it's worth unless you always use super pitches..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I don't think it would be very much effort. A ballcock fitted in the tank on the inlet.. would be fiddly to get in there, probably need the tank out to do it, then fit a hoselock connection on the filler. Wouldn't do any harm when filling normally although would prevent quick top up from a watering can I guess...

Of course as you say, whether it's worth the effort depends how often you plan to use that type of pitch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Unless you have an RV with a city water connection, (which you don't have) you just fill up as normal.. it's just a tap on your pitch
RVs have a city water connection, you plumb in the supply and use like home.. pump is switched off.

You could do the same with a Eurovan.. but you would need a pressure control valve as the pipework may not take the mains pressure.. which of course varies fromm site to site .

A ballcock in the tank would also work.. but I've never heard of anyone fitting one,.. frankly, more work than it's worth unless you always use super pitches..
thank you very much for your reply. New to all this and just trying to get my head around everything.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Lol there's always one
Not if it's like ours
image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp

So with that would you connect a Aquaroll or similar then pump directly from it via pump on Motorhome

Upvote 0

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
as mark5204 says, but you can get a fitting that fits into an aquaroll that allows automatic filling from the mains water supply Broken Link Removed- we use one all the time

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
as mark5204 says, but you can get a fitting that fits into an aquaroll that allows automatic filling from the mains water supply Broken Link Removed- we use one all the time

Hi. Sorry could you put link up again. It's not working.

Upvote 0

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
noticed that ,I'll try again Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Mark If you require any help we are home all this weekend, give us a phone call.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Aquarolls are quite big,they take up storage space and need to be trundled to a tap,filled,trundled back to the van then the water has to be pumped into the tank.
Why buy a MotorHome and then try and use it like a caravan-I'm mystified.:LOL::LOL:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't think it would be very much effort. A ballcock fitted in the tank on the inlet.. would be fiddly to get in there, probably need the tank out to do it, then fit a hoselock connection on the filler. Wouldn't do any harm when filling normally although would prevent quick top up from a watering can I guess...

Of course as you say, whether it's worth the effort depends how often you plan to use that type of pitch.

And you would still need to use the pump so what's the point.

The idea is you connect to the water mains to have fullaon pressure and no pump.
Do-able but really not worth the time, effort and expense involved.
As already said, your on-board plumbing wouldn't stand upwards of 45psi mains pressure anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But why?
You still have to get the water from the aquaroll into the on-board tank so just trundle the roll to the tap and back or just use a hose to fill from your on-pitch tap.
Caravans don't have on-board tanks so have external submersible pumps to feed the system from the aquaroll.
Motorhomes don't need this system.

This is really making had work of filling your tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Aquarolls are quite big,they take up storage space and need to be trundled to a tap,filled,trundled back to the van then the water has to be pumped into the tank.
Why buy a MotorHome and then try and use it like a caravan-I'm mystified.:LOL::LOL:

Not intending to use it like a caravan!!!
You have missed the point. I believe you can use the Aquaroll with a ball cock type device that connects to mains. Then you can have a unlimited supply of fresh water. So there is no carrying Aquaroll around! You I believe then draw water into Motorhome via pump.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
only reason I can think of he has no on board water tank.. like most (but not all ) caravans
Agreed Jim.

My point being, if you can get a hose from tap to aquaroll then use the hose to fill the tank directly.....no need for aquarolls, valves or anything else.

Unless the op has a caravan which doesn't appear to be the case in the opening thread title

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Not intending to use it like a caravan!!!
You have missed the point. I believe you can use the Aquaroll with a ball cock type device that connects to mains. Then you can have a unlimited supply of fresh water. So there is no carrying Aquaroll around! You I believe then draw water into Motorhome via pump.
It's not that I've 'missed the point'-I don't see the point:) When we are on a Super Pitch for 3 mths or so in Spain for winter,the hose is out all the time and every 3 or 4 days I spend a few mins filling the tank.(y)

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Unless you have an RV with a city water connection, (which you don't have) you just fill up as normal.. it's just a tap on your pitch

Let's make it nice and simple........

You don't... unless you have an American rv with a city water connection....and you have neither.

as they say.. full circle John

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back