Avtex Satellite - part missing????? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have just received out new Avtex Snipe bought from a UK supplier but shipped from Germany.We bought from this particular supplier as it came with a mounting plate (which we may never use as don't intend to mount it on top of the motorhome but may do in the future).
We have the unit all packed in a ice suitcase but do not appear to have the mounting bracket. I have attached a picture of the unit - a white satellite sitting on a black base and from what I can make out the "mounting plate" should be a flat piece of metal that this whole unit sits on. I cannot see that the black part is the "mounting base" as all the adverts I look at have this picture and many say "mounting base bought seperatly".
Having gone through the instruction book and leaflets that came with the unit there is not an actual picture of the mounting plate on its own and only one very difficult to make out picture which seems to show a flat plate sitting under the unit (if you look at the corner you can see a ridge where it sits underneath). I have contacted the supplier who says he has never had an incidence of his supplier not sending the mounting plate with the unit but he is contacting them to see what they say.
In the meantime I was wondering if anyone had one of these units and had a mounting plate? I want to know if the mounting plate is flat and sits under the black base of the satellite?

sat.JPG
sat1.JPG

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We dont have one but have researched for our next purchase and yes mounting plate is totally seperate.
We also did a lot of research and came up with the same conclusion but would like confirmation from someone who has both parts really so I have some "ammunition"!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We have one & the mounting plate is a seperate piece of alloy plate, slightly larger than the black base plate.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We have one & the mounting plate is a seperate piece of alloy plate, slightly larger than the black base plate.
Thanks - brilliant , just what I thought. Many thanks for that - now back to the supplier!!!!
p.s. think I might just re-check the box it came in to make sure there is nothing else in there!!

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
OPPS!!!!! found the missing part in the box sandwiched between the inner box & outer packaging box. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:Good job I sent Tony back to have another look as we would have thrown it away.
Had to apologise to the seller :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
How much did it cost with the plate aswell delivered to your door and what warrenty,many thanks(what model)

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We bought from ebay - item number 171737062855
offer accepted £570 including postage and mounting plate. Delivered from Germany within 3 days.
Mounting plate is about £90 on other sites.
When I complained about the missing bit the seller got straight in contact with me and gave me his phone number to ring so was quite impressed with his service.
I also took the ebay option of delayed payment i.e. they pay the seller straight away but do not take the payment from your bank for 14 days which gives you a chance to get the goods and inspect them.
Not yet fixed it up as only arrived yesterday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back