Air suspension and insurance (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
After 'bottoming' three times in Spain I investigated having Air Suspension fitted and spoke to my insurance company to see if it would be affected. I was told if I had it fitted by a reputable company, there would be no extra charge but I could not fit it myself or have it fitted by a friend.
Watling Engineers in Park Street near St Albans fitted it after I had checked they would be acceptable.
I would like to state that they were excellent in carrying out the work and giving me detailed information about using it. As I saw they also fitted tow-bars etc I asked if they could retro fit a spare wheel carrier, which they apparently can to most vans.

Alan

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
After 'bottoming' three times in Spain I investigated having Air Suspension fitted and spoke to my insurance company to see if it would be affected. I was told if I had it fitted by a reputable company, there would be no extra charge but I could not fit it myself or have it fitted by a friend.
Watling Engineers in Park Street near St Albans fitted it after I had checked they would be acceptable.
I would like to state that they were excellent in carrying out the work and giving me detailed information about using it. As I saw they also fitted tow-bars etc I asked if they could retro fit a spare wheel carrier, which they apparently can to most vans.

Alan
Hi Alan
I fitted my own dunlop air suspension and designed a spare wheel fixing to fit to the first (front) cross member on my Advantage which has a cable ratchet device to raise and lower the spare wheel, took pictures of both device's for the insurance company but turned out from their lack of interest weren't that interested anyway!(n)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Unpretentious place Watling Engineers, I streetviewed the approach before our trip there for a towbar and bike rack fitting in November as it looked a bit narrow along the high street. They did a good job for us and can certainly do almost anything, apart from air suspension to an Al-Ko chassis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back