Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Is this legal!
Discuss..........

The reason I ask is that on my way north yesterday I passed two sleeper busses,that got me thinking tour busses etc .
Then when we reached our destination we watched the news at ten and saw a politician behind interviewed in his tour buss siting unbelted with his guest whilst the camera man stood and filmed them.
Not interested in the moral side if in a crash etc,if it's legal in a bus do they have different legislation ?

Vlad

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't think it's a requirement to have or wear seat belts on a bus so no reason not to sleep on the move.

I know a lot of buses and coaches are starting to have seat belts fitted now, especially ones used as school buses, but as far as I know there isn't a requirement to use them.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You could wake up dead and be blissfully unaware

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave F

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca 2001
Exp
Even if it is legal, I think it might invalidate your insurance cover...

It is illegal if f you're driving at the same time.. :sleep:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Even if it is legal, I think it might invalidate your insurance cover...

Don't see why on something like a tour bus designed for the purpose. The insurance for PCVs is different to what we all have for our cars and MHs.

It would be different in a motorhome though.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We know somone who does it a lot he drives while shes in bed asleep, Jan tried it once lasted 10 minutes max and felt sick as a dog. We had an early start in the Alps and she decided to stay put. Mountain roads not ideal for a snooze.:rofl:

Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Having spent a lot of time on tour buses over the years seat belts were not a priority , legally , wearing one was not compulsory . One vital fact to remember was , if you were sleeping in one of the bunks was , always sleep with your feet facing forwards . You know it makes sense .

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Used to do it when double manning. Nottingham to Milan in one hit. One driving for 3hours,other makes tea then bed. Changeover in services. Never turned engine off till in Fiat yard. However, seat belts are fitted on National Express coaches and some drivers ensure that you wear it. Others just play the tape which informs you "it is a legal requirement" etc.:D

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On a similar topic, on a coach you are free to got to the loo, what about in MH, Bev regularly pops to the loo mid journey in ours, but I have read on hear where someone got pulled over when a policeman thought they saw someone moving around.

In that example they didn't even have a passenger!! but what is the law?

similar to the rule on sleeping I suspect

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back