Lytham st Anne's aire and bus routes (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I'm going to take the kids to Blackpool to visit the tower and other attractions,can I pay to park the van up for 2 days and nights and stay in the same spot ?
Also is there a regular bus service from lytham into Blackpool or does anyone know of a day ticket travel pass that covers the busses and trams?

Thanks in advance
Vlad

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The number 7 and 11 do the Lythm to Blackpool route. You can get a family ticket that will cover both bus and tram, it's a really good deal too.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Toots ,Thinking of parking up in lytham at the aire type place,leaving van parked up for a couple of days,and travelling back and forth.

Vlad

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Thanks Toots ,Thinking of parking up in lytham at the aire type place,leaving van parked up for a couple of days,and travelling back and forth.

Vlad
Good plan. I wouldn't overnight in Blackpool anyway. :(

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Does this help..........Link Removed
it looks like £21 for 3 days parking if you look at the parking charges chart on the right of the page.

Alan

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes it does however........

Motorhome parking is permitted in the lower car park's central bays only. Motorhomes cannot park on the upper section of the car park. 7 oversized vehicle bays (8m long) are available on the lower section. These are suitable for (though not exclusively for the use of) motorhomes.

Am I right in thinking if I'm in an oversized 8 m bay during the day I have to move to occupy 2 central bays at night , Or do you get away with staying put. Anyone been here that can shed any light on this.
I suppose I could just pay for 2 central bays during the day and not have to move in the evening !

Vlad

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have used it a few times. Must have got on the wrong bus as it took as almost an hour to get to the tower. Bus went in and out every road imaginable.

The Newton Arms pub in Staining lets you park for free. Bus ride was 15min to central.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Don't know if you have a tablet of any kind, I use this app for buses everywhere we go. It's been reliable to date, though I always double check times with the operator just in case there are changes that have not been updated. It's called Bus Checker. There are others, and web based which I think is called traveline.
View media item 14292

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Blackpool transport publish route maps Broken Link Removed. The No 7 is the most direct between St Annes and Blackpool.
Hard copy maps and timetables are available from the transport office on Market Street in Blackpool.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes it does however........

Motorhome parking is permitted in the lower car park's central bays only. Motorhomes cannot park on the upper section of the car park. 7 oversized vehicle bays (8m long) are available on the lower section. These are suitable for (though not exclusively for the use of) motorhomes.

Am I right in thinking if I'm in an oversized 8 m bay during the day I have to move to occupy 2 central bays at night , Or do you get away with staying put. Anyone been here that can shed any light on this.
I suppose I could just pay for 2 central bays during the day and not have to move in the evening !

Vlad
The Link Removed says "Multi-day tickets are available for 1, 2 or 3 days with prices applied per bay occupied. Multi-day tickets expire at 10am on the final day." and "A maximum stay of three consecutive nights is permitted, No return within five days."
Somebody posted on the MCC Facebook group a couple of weeks ago that it's £21 for 3 days - "its three pound for the day and five for the night, if you do three days they let you have it for 21 pounds" but you need coins because the machines don't take notes.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Graham , I was wondering more about the oversized bays for MHs , it seems strange to provide them and have to move to another spot if overnighting!

Vlad

stevet

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
3 years
Vlad, we have used St Anne's many times. Just park in the long bays at the back of the Toby Carvery day and night. £8 for 24 hours, £21 for 3 days, coins only. Good bus service up and down the coast.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I am confused. Which car park has the lower level long bays? The website says overnight allowed at St Annes pool, but there are no long bays showing up on Google earth at that car park.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am confused. Which car park has the lower level long bays? The website says overnight allowed at St Annes pool, but there are no long bays showing up on Google earth at that car park.
Never trust the dates on Google Earth/maps. Many images are several years old.

stevet

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
3 years
The long bays are at the end of the lower car park next to the promenade immediately behind the Toby Carvery. The photo on Google Earth was taken before the spaces were created.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Once you arrive it will all make sense, just head for the rear of the building :). Where the lazy car drivers dont park (y)
There is a cinema as well at the rear car park...
Ref anyone with smaller kids not after the thrill rides then I would also look at Southport... £8 overnight parking and very much nicer..

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
069.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.